NWFlyer

Best Android Apps?

Oh yeah, you can now play Flash in web browsers on Android. It takes a bit to set it up, and if you don't use your browser a lot, it's probably not worth the effort. I got this installed a few weeks ago, and it works pretty well.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Calvin and Hobbes. (Can't live without my daily fix.)
The Weather Channel
Navigation
Aviation Weather & Decoder

For work...
Calculus Tools
RealCalc
Stopwatch & Timer

The camera isn't too great. I've managed to take a few good quality pics but I took a lot of fuzzy ones to get those.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

swype is a must

I've read about this app. Do you use it? Does it really speed up using a touch keyboard? Did it take long to learn and become proficient?

I got to use it on a friends Android. It took a few minutes to get used to but after that I couldn't imagine going back to 'regular' texting.
Performance Designs Factory Team

My Tracks really is awesome if you like hiking, jogging, riding bikes, etc. It records where you go, gives you times for each segment, and lets you download it to your computer to analyze and share. I use this every day to keep track while I run. I really want to try it on a dive but keep forgetting.

Crap, just checked and the beta is closed for now. I'd expect a release soon.

Guess they're refining again.

I just saw my friend's Samsung Galaxy S today and he showed me Swype...I can really see how it would speed up input on these small screens after you have a bit of practice.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Tapatalk Pro is great :)

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-quoord-tapatalkpro-activity-wpnB.aspx

Other apps I like are:

Gooogle's Google
Documents2Go
Document Scanner
Google Maps
ShopSavy
Pandora
Skype Mobile
Facebook
Twitter
Weather Bug
Tip Calculator
Currency Converter
Google Earth

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I just got an HTC EVO and used doubleTwist to sync my itunes library to it. I have a combination of MP3 and AAC files. Haven't tried to sync any that i have purchased from the iTunes store so I don't know if it'll play the protected AAC but all the others worked fine.

Just create a playlist in doubleTwist for the phone and select it to sync. Also put some short videos on it which were in mp4 format.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

Crap, just checked and the beta is closed for now. I'd expect a release soon.

Guess they're refining again.

I signed up to be notified of the beta release back in September and just got an email tonight that I could down load it. Takes some getting used to, but I love it already.
Andy

Yeah, I've been using my Droid-x for about a month now and LOVE it. Swype is great, the phone is responsive, etc.

Only 2 complaints:
1) I can't uninstall some apps (FU Blockbuster and City ID) thanks to Motorola's implementation
2) Battery life is pretty crappy (1 day or so) but then again it's a monstrously big screen.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yeah, I've been using my Droid-x for about a month now and LOVE it. Swype is great, the phone is responsive, etc.

Only 2 complaints:
1) I can't uninstall some apps (FU Blockbuster and City ID) thanks to Motorola's implementation
2) Battery life is pretty crappy (1 day or so) but then again it's a monstrously big screen.

You have to live with the preinstalled stuff unless you root your device from what I've read. More work to do that than it's worth it to me. Don't think it's hard to do, I'm just too lazy to do it. Plus, I hear it voids the warranty. Not sure if that's true.

I think battery life is an issue on all of them. I picked up an extended battery for mine that is the same size as the one that came with the phone so I can use regular cases/shells. Made a pretty big difference and was worth the 50 bucks. I can usually go all day without charging. Seidio makes good batteries and Best Buy carries some too.
Andy

Swype is great

Dammit! This app is so damn elusive! It's still not out for the public. Some new phones have it, but the Incredible doesn't, and I've been trying to get ahold of it for months...guess I'll just wait. :|

I can't uninstall some apps (FU Blockbuster and City ID)

This annoys me too. After they did the big update, all that crap was on my phone too. City ID, stocks, Twitter, etc.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

I just found this thread and I can't believe no one has mentioned the Skydive logbook. Pretty cool stuff. It gives you repack and gear reminders, you can set the dz, aircraft, etc, as well as have someone sign on your screen with their license number etc for instructor or coach jumps if you want. Definitely worth checking out.