NWFlyer

Best Android Apps?

Why should the iCult users have all the fun? What are your favorite Android apps?B|

Practical:
Advanced Task Manager
Battery Status Pro
Bubble Level
Cardio Trainer
Moto Torch LED
Kayak
Shazam
Urbanspoon
Yelp
Where's my Droid
Aviation Weather with Decoder

Fun/time-wasting
Paper Toss
Urban Dictionary
Twidroid
Facebook
Google Sky Map
YouTube
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Why should the iCult users have all the fun? What are your favorite Android apps?B|

Practical:
Advanced Task Killer
Advanced Task Manager
Battery Status Pro
Bubble Level
Cardio Trainer
Moto Torch LED
Kayak
Shazam
Urbanspoon
Yelp
Where's my Droid
Aviation Weather with Decoder

Fun/time-wasting
Paper Toss
Urban Dictionary
Twidroid
Facebook
Google Sky Map
YouTube

Practical AND Fun/Entrtaining:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Uninstaller
Audiobook
whatever bank you use's app
Layar
Wikimobile
The Weather Channel
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

ColorNote is one of my favorites. It allows you to put different colored sticky notes on your screen as widgets. East to open, easy to edit. Make check lists. Give it a try...you'll love it.

All the Google Apps.
Facebook
Fandango
Shazam (song recognition app)
Timer
ZP Dashboard
And many more.

I love my DROID!

SuperUser Permission (Google "Root Android" and be careful)
Root Explorer (get rid of bloatware)
SetCPU (increase the processor speed)
GPS Essentials
MapDroyd (free off line maps)
AlpineQuest (off line topographic maps)
Handbrake (convert DVD VOB files to m4v files to watch hi quality videos -- it goes on the PC, not the phone; the videos you watch on the phone:)

Vlingo...awesome voice to text, text to voice, even voice search for apps and internet

Gesture Search...use your finger to write what you are looking for on your screen, good replacement for looking up contacts

Bump....share contact information with just a bump of the fist.

Google Voice...this one is good, but scares me a little too, google knows to much about me now, but this app lets them record your phone calls)
Dom

swype is a must

I've read about this app. Do you use it? Does it really speed up using a touch keyboard? Did it take long to learn and become proficient?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

swype is a must

I've read about this app. Do you use it? Does it really speed up using a touch keyboard? Did it take long to learn and become proficient?

I just started swype texting on my Droid2 and it f'n rocks. It's super easy to learn, just drag your finger to each key instead of tapping individually, way faster. Wish I could do it on my PC.

One tip is just use one index finger to do most of the swiping.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

swype is a must

I just started swype texting on my Droid2 and it f'n rocks. It's super easy to learn, just drag your finger to each key instead of tapping individually, way faster. Wish I could do it on my PC.

One tip is just use one index finger to do most of the swiping.

Cool. A friend of mine just got a Samsung Galaxy S and it has it installed as an option so I'm going to check it out in a couple of days when I see him next.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

OK, anyone have a good PDF viewer for Android?

adobe makes one
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Google Voice - free text messages. It doesn't work when the network is lagging (about 10% of the time), but did I mention it's free text messages? I don't use the actual phone on Google Voice, because it wasn't reliable enough.

I use Shazam and Facebook apps a lot on my Droid.

Addicted to Robo Defense, which is weird, because I don't play games anywhere else.

Astro file manager is pretty good.

Note Everything seems to work pretty well, and I use it.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD