shortyj

top annoying things flight attendants do, lets hear them. How can I make your flight more comforting?

just smile and ask most flight attendants are pretty nice.........

Must be why I don't have trouble with 'em.

Really, a lot of passengers treat 'em like waitresses-in-the-sky. That's not their job description.

I've never been jumpmastering a student and had them ask me for more coffee. :P

Let me bring my own booze onboard like I used to be able to and the smoking section. And get rid of the smoke detecters in the bathrooms so I can take a puff of pot like I used to be able to. Yrs. back one of the stews came to me after I relaxed myself, saw my 7Up was now dark in color and my red eyes and said "Sir are you OK?" "Yes mam I'm fine." She says " If you need any munchies just let me know and have a nice flight." :)

Hehe she wasn't stupid
Playtime is essential.

Really, a lot of passengers treat 'em like waitresses-in-the-sky. That's not their job description.

I would think serving passengers food is actually in their job description. If it is not, it is a poorly written job description to leave out a major activity like that.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I would think serving passengers food is actually in their job description. If it is not, it is a poorly written job description to leave out a major activity like that.

Passenger safety is their first priority...in turbulence they can skip the meal service...cause a big scene about it and they can get ya arrested. I've seen it happen.

Tossing ya a rubber sammich may be IN the description, but it's far from what the job is all about, They deserve the same respect you would give anyone that has authority over you in a given situation....like a policeman.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

When dealing with any part of flight operations, I will certainly give them the same respect as a LEO. They are performing duties as a member of the flight crew and have the full weight and authority of the Federal government behind them.

When performing the role of a waitress, I will give them the same level of respect as I do waitresses (which in all honesty in my instance is a high level of respect).

'Waitress in the sky' is part of the job description. It is not the FAA defined part of the job description - it is the privately run company providing good customer service part.

I am not a jerk to either stewardesses or waitresses. I agree stewardesses are not just waitresses, but when performing the role of waitress, they should be a good waitress (and/or waiter).

I am not a jerk to either stewardesses or waitresses. I agree stewardesses are not just waitresses, but when performing the role of waitress, they should be a good waitress (and/or waiter).

BTW...they're called Flight Attendants, have been for about 20 years now. ;)

BTW...they're called Flight Attendants, have been for about 20 years now.

Yes, but I am a crotchety old man. Calling flight attendants stewardesses is probably the least offensive anachronism I still use.

On a side note, are men who have the same authority and perform the same duties on an ocean going vessel still called stewards, or is that also inappropriate?

BTW...they're called Flight Attendants, have been for about 20 years now.

Yes, but I am a crotchety old man. Calling flight attendants stewardesses is probably the least offensive anachronism I still use.

On a side note, are men who have the same authority and perform the same duties on an ocean going vessel still called stewards, or is that also inappropriate?

VERY inappropriate...you MUST refer to THEM as Cabin-Boy!

The cabin crews on Hawaiian Airlines is the best in my opinion.

I guess the fact that I'm going to Hawaii when I interact with them and not some business trip probably scews my opinion a bit though :P

I like working around the holidays and spring break, pax are usually nice BC they are happy about where they are going.
Playtime is essential.

Hi Shorty

Fly as long as you enjoy it, Your pax will love you for it.B|

When you start to hate your job and lose your soul retire or quit. Or you will end up like this disgruntled FA.

http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/delta-airlines-we-failed-double-amputee-marine-on-recent-flight-1.200810

Or the one that cussed out a passenger, grabbed a couple beers, activated the emergency chute, yelled "I quit!" and slid down it and walked off. That was awesome. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The cabin crews on Hawaiian Airlines is the best in my opinion.

I guess the fact that I'm going to Hawaii when I interact with them and not some business trip probably scews my opinion a bit though :P

I'll counter that with the service recieved on ANY Asian-based airline. After they had finished with the safety aspect of their job they genuinely made you feel that their job was to make you want to become a return customer. For the most part all foreign airlines seem to be like that.

US airlines on the other hand I feel like I am a burden to the on-board staff and my presence is pulling them away from their union-negotiated breaks.

While I have certainly met fight attendants who are the exact opposite of this, and were not only great attendants, but great company on long flights as well, it unfortunately no longer seems to be the norm.

And a definite compliment to the attendant who handed me a jack and coke the one and only time I've ever traveled in uniform and said, "this ones on us, thanks for serving".
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower