shortyj

top annoying things flight attendants do, lets hear them. How can I make your flight more comforting?

"Sir that bag wont fit wheels first"
"Oh really? This bag that i fly with at least twice weekly and it fits every time? You mean the one with the Medallion member tag on it so you can see how often I fly?"

Most of the following is exceptions, not rules, but as I fly all the time happens all too often, especially on evening flights.

-Dont be rude to me. I am sorry this is your last or close to last flight of the day and you're tired and stressed because of other passengers. I havent done anything wrong, your job is to make my flight more enjoyable, so please dont treat me like an ignorant sheep that is putting you out.
-Yes, you heard me right, a coffee, a baileys, and a glass of ice. It's not a strange request it's called delicious and if you had one maybe you would be in a better mood.
-Dont talk about passengers even if the one you are talking about is out of earshot. Despite it being humorous, true, or ironic its not professional and gives a sense of elitism.

Honestly for the most part i think flight attendants do a great job. I believe it takes a certain personality as well as strong resolve and a lot of will power to do it. Unfortunately there are some out there that really need to switch careers.
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

Hooters uniforms! ;)

B|B|B|

There was a Hooters Airline, but I don't think it lasted very long. [:/] Not long enough for me to try one of their flights anyhow! :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"Sir that bag wont fit wheels first"
"Oh really? This bag that i fly with at least twice weekly and it fits every time? You mean the one with the Medallion member tag on it so you can see how often I fly?"

Most of the following is exceptions, not rules, but as I fly all the time happens all too often, especially on evening flights.

-Dont be rude to me. I am sorry this is your last or close to last flight of the day and you're tired and stressed because of other passengers. I havent done anything wrong, your job is to make my flight more enjoyable, so please dont treat me like an ignorant sheep that is putting you out.
-Yes, you heard me right, a coffee, a baileys, and a glass of ice. It's not a strange request it's called delicious and if you had one maybe you would be in a better mood.
-Dont talk about passengers even if the one you are talking about is out of earshot. Despite it being humorous, true, or ironic its not professional and gives a sense of elitism.

Honestly for the most part i think flight attendants do a great job. I believe it takes a certain personality as well as strong resolve and a lot of will power to do it. Unfortunately there are some out there that really need to switch careers.

those are good and i laughed i usually say sir that needs to go wheels first;)

are you a first class pax?:)
Playtime is essential.

Yeah I was going to ask if there was a change in policy. For years I have heard wheels first, so I was confused when they started saying handle first wheels out. Oh well.

I only fly 1st class if my medallion status upgrades me. My company wont pay for 1st class and I wont either if its on my own dime. I fly often enough though to know the best seats on all the aircraft I fly on and the tricks to get them.
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

Hooters uniforms! ;)

would you really feel safe if my boobs were about to fall outta my shirt and i was wearing hot pants?B|

we are only allowed to leave one button undone:D

As long as there's some cleavage, I won't complain. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah I was going to ask if there was a change in policy. For years I have heard wheels first, so I was confused when they started saying handle first wheels out. Oh well.

I only fly 1st class if my medallion status upgrades me. My company wont pay for 1st class and I wont either if its on my own dime. I fly often enough though to know the best seats on all the aircraft I fly on and the tricks to get them.

My pet peeve is people calling business class, 1st class. When you've flown 1st class, you know what that is. :P
Remster

most people in first are upgrades. As far as the wheels it depends on aircraft, I work on the embraer 170 and 175 so in first its wheels first but in main cabin they have to go in sideways.;)
Playtime is essential.

Hi shorty,

I made my first commercial flight in Dec 1959.

After college ( graduated in '71 ) I got a job where I flew about once a week.

I have always said it is a job I was glad that I did not have.

99.44% of your are/were very nice in a tough situation. I am glad for your work.

I happened to fly PanAm from Portland to Sao Paulo just before they went under. Those FA's were downright mean; really bad attitudes. Hey, why take it out on the passengers, we didn't put you out of business?

Once I learned some of the tricks, I really enjoyed flying commericially. Today, things have changed.

IMO the days of an enjoyable flight are long gone. Everyone wants to get the cheapest seats that they can, and this is the result. This is what de-regulation has brought us.

Just my $0.02,

JerryBaumchen

Hooters uniforms! ;)

would you really feel safe if my boobs were about to fall outta my shirt and i was wearing hot pants?

Actually yes, it means that most of the guys on the plane were probably paying VERY close attention to you while giving your safety briefing. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Hooters uniforms! ;)

would you really feel safe if my boobs were about to fall outta my shirt and i was wearing hot pants?

Actually yes, it means that most of the guys on the plane were probably paying VERY close attention to you while giving your safety briefing. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHnqnyzegfc
Remster

Hooters uniforms! ;)

would you really feel safe if my boobs were about to fall outta my shirt and i was wearing hot pants?B|

we are only allowed to leave one button undone:D

Holy useless question, Batman!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I know everybody hates the safety briefing. I know some companies like to try to spice it up with humor. The problem is not everyone is good at humor and it's actually a serious topic worthy of serious attention. I'm not exactly sure what the perfect middle ground is, but I've heard some safety briefings where the FAs not only weren't funny, but just didn't know where to draw the line in terms of being an FA or a bad Vegas comic.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I have no complaints. FA is a tough job, not enough pay, and you're there for safety, security and emergencies, not to bring me a damn drink. But a little more cleavage is always appreciated . . .

Oh, and some more pretzel snack packs, please.:)

Like I said just smile and ask most flight attendants are pretty nice..........well maybe if their having a good day. Some are grouchy!,:ph34r:
Playtime is essential.

Elitism!?!?

That takes the irony cake! I have flown in First/Business class for literally thousands of hours on every US carrier and I can say without reservation, that the most self-entitled, self-involved, rude, elitist class of asshats I have ever been exposed to is that of the frequent flying, "I want my upgrade, scotch, and woobie" business passenger.

Disclaimer: I don't work for an individual airline and this was not directed at you personally Fiend.

Hooters uniforms! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHnqnyzegfc

I don't think I could work in that, one time this guy looked me up and down during the safety demo, then after I turned out the lights and walked to the back he stops me and says. "You have the most beautiful body." Creepy :| A little more class please. So I go to that back and tell the other FA and that turd laughed and throughout the day he would say "Have I told you, you have the most beautiful body." We just laughedeverytime he would say it.
Playtime is essential.

Let me bring my own booze onboard like I used to be able to and the smoking section. And get rid of the smoke detecters in the bathrooms so I can take a puff of pot like I used to be able to. Yrs. back one of the stews came to me after I relaxed myself, saw my 7Up was now dark in color and my red eyes and said "Sir are you OK?" "Yes mam I'm fine." She says " If you need any munchies just let me know and have a nice flight." :)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.