Akokisa

Invest in GoPro?

Yes. If it wasn't unreasonably difficult.

Ever notice that most TV-shows even nowdays use one if they need to shoot video in small tight places. I've notice it being used at least in Mythbusters and Top Gear.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Financial news: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/12/29/3-ipos-youll-want-to-watch-for-in-2013-part.aspx

If GoPro goes public, would you invest your money in the company?

I would, I saw and worked a bit with their event marketing team at Oshkosh...impressed with the product, marketing plan and the direction they are taking the company.

They currently have the lions share of the market and I see no reason for that to change.

I've had good luck investing in companies who's products I'm familiar with, use and like...Bought a ton of 'Sketchers' back when it was damn near a penny stock because the kids loved the shoes - 'been berry berry good to ME!' :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'd considering owning some shares from them, as part of a well-diversified investment portfolio. I tend to favor products I know and like. Of course, I thought Apple was overvalued at half its price, so maybe you should add investing to the long list of things that getting advice from me on is a bad idea. A list that includes landing a canopy, relationships, legal and medical advice. Oh, and poker strategy, fiscal policy, quantum physics and nuclear chemistry. Among others. I'm like a renaissance man of suck...
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

My brand new GP3 Silver just quit after taking only 1 photo. Not sure I trust them

Damn. They better cover that under warranty.[:/]

I've had one a few years and really enjoy it, no real troubles to speak of. :)

Well, their customer service SUCKS. Can't send it back without an authorization code, and customer "service" still hasn't got back to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Financial news: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/12/29/3-ipos-youll-want-to-watch-for-in-2013-part.aspx

If GoPro goes public, would you invest your money in the company?

Do you know if there's any financial statements released?

Anyway, it depends what they open at.
For example Facebook is a great investment at 20B$-25B$ but a terrible one at anything over 45B$ valuation.

They don't really have that many viable competitors that matches in terms of popularity (except maybe the the contour). Maybe Canon and Nikon could in the mid to long-term but doesn't seem to fit their niche at all.

As long as the economy is better, action sport popularity goes up and sales for these "non-necessities" would inevitably go up too.

So they are a very interesting company and should have be worth a look.

Cheers!
Shc

Well, their customer service SUCKS. Can't send it back without an authorization code, and customer "service" still hasn't got back to me.

That's good to know. I wonder if they feel so big they don't have to care anymore. [:/]

3 days waiting and no response so far. Came across another guy with a problem and he's been waiting since before Christmas.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My brand new GP3 Silver just quit after taking only 1 photo. Not sure I trust them

Why didn't you buy the "Black" edition over the "Silver?" Did you read all the crap about them in the video/photo forum? Just curious.

I'm not a fan of GoPro, but I would consider it a good buy if they went public. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting some chump with a TelleTubbie strapped to their head.

Chuck

That's good to know. I wonder if they feel so big they don't have to care anymore. [:/]

3 days waiting and no response so far. Came across another guy with a problem and he's been waiting since before Christmas.

That's what you get for mis-using the product during pagan holidays.