lawrocket

Confetti Cow

Lisa's cards are always fun and appreciated, yet out of respect for a person...can a humorous, yet disrespectful name from the past please be retired?
It's just not funny any longer. People do outgrow themselves.

Sounds like the worst Marvel superhero EVER!

Now I need to try to get this mental image of her super-power out of my head.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Lisa's cards are always fun and appreciated, yet out of respect for a person...can a humorous, yet disrespectful name from the past please be retired?

Stick still firmly up ass.

Cunt is a term of endearment for a great many people. If you don't like it you are free not to use it, but your attempt to belittle those who use it "friendly" is misplaced and unwarranted.

Stick still firmly up ass.

Cunt is a term of endearment for a great many people. If you don't like it you are free not to use it, but your attempt to belittle those who use it "friendly" is misplaced and unwarranted.

And you've had a conversation with the person to whom it's being directed?

I have.;)

If having respect for someone, and for their wishes is "having a stick up my ass"...pound that phone pole further in. It's called "standing up for a friend."

I feel it's a disrespectful name also and would be glad to change it if Lisa wants me to. Confetti Cutie seems more appropriate.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I feel it's a disrespectful name also and would be glad to change it if Lisa wants me to. Confetti Cutie seems more appropriate.

I vote for confetti cow. :|

+1 :P
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Not really. This isn't like black guys using the "N" word on each other. The "C" word is considered offensive by many (most?) women, no matter who says it.

Didn't BillyVance start it?

And note the change in the post title. :P

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Note: my wife osted the initial post.

oes it make a difference in the viewpoint if it's a female versus a male posting it?

There is a whole list of terms/names that can be meant both affectionately or as an insult.

Cunt
Bitch
Ho
Slut
Dog
Bastard

etc............

IMO, the person calling the name should not use those, unless they know for certain that it will be received with appreciation (not just tolerance, or worse). The sex of the caller doesn't change the fact that it might be an insult. And then, there is the difference between calling someone a name to their face and using it about them to a third party.

LisaH hasn't chimed in, so all this is just a general quideline, not putting words in her mouth.

This lisa wouldn't want to be called any of those names, for the record. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Hey Lisa, you sweetie, thanks for the holiday card. MUAH & XOXO

At lawrocket ~ Jeez, don't you have enough sense to open mail from her over the kitchen counter. :P:D:D

No no no no... you're doing it wrong. You open it directly over the trash can. ;)

It's always a hoot when I get those cards. She got me the first time...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban