ridestrong

Tour de France 2010

Vosper said he and his friends have thrown around a few different drinking games to play during the interview. In one, those watching must drink every time Armstrong lies, Vosper said.

They threw out that idea because "everyone would be stumbling drunk within 15 minutes," Vosper said, laughing.

Ref: http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_22388201/lance-armstrong-doping-confession-prompts-disappointment-drinking-game
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Lance Armstrong "did not come clean in the way I expected" on whether he used performance-enhancing drugs in his cycling career, celebrated talk show host Oprah Winfrey said on Tuesday, a day after a lengthy interview with the disgraced athlete.

In an appearance on CBS' "This Morning" show on Tuesday, Winfrey stopped short of confirming a confession and said she would leave to others to decide if Armstrong had been contrite in the interview

Yeah. OK.... As expected I think.

I was wrong. He came clean. Good for him, but still one of the biggest cheat the sport has seen.
Remster

He came clean. Good for him.

I guess you are a better man than me - I can't give him credit for this. I think he has only done it because he thinks it might advantage him in some way. I couldn't see any real evidence of remorse or genuine apology from him, it all seemed far too calculated.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

He came clean. Good for him.

I guess you are a better man than me - I can't give him credit for this. I think he has only done it because he thinks it might advantage him in some way. I couldn't see any real evidence of remorse or genuine apology from him, it all seemed far too calculated.

You probably are reading more into my statement than I meant. Good for him, as in better than the alternative of continuing to lie and deny it.

You are right tho, he's probably doing it to get his ban lifted at some point for his Ironman ambitions.
Remster

A full on admission of the doping and screwing people over, but with several caveats:

1. Would not implicate anyone else. (This was especially tense when Oprah prodded about Ferrari).

2. Would not confirm or deny Betsy Andreu's testimony. (Is there a lawsuit in the background?)

3. Denied the 2001 Tour de Suisse positive test and UCI payoff. (Really puzzling, since he admitted to the 1999 positive cortisone test and back-dated prescription coverup,)

4. Would not admit to pressuring teammates to doping, nor that he had control over hiring/firing.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You are right tho, he's probably doing it to get his ban lifted at some point for his Ironman ambitions.

Hopefully he'll have to put that on hold for a year or two anyway while he serves prison time for perjury:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?