ridestrong

Tour de France 2010

Talk about a rough stage for Lance today. Not sure how he would have done even without the crashes, but it was pretty much a done deal with 3 of them....

I know this won't be popular BUT, karma is a bitch and a half!
"Think like a man of action; act like a man of thought." -Henri L.
Bergson

Talk about a rough stage for Lance today. Not sure how he would have done even without the crashes, but it was pretty much a done deal with 3 of them....

I don't think he would have won this year if he avoided all the crashes anyway. He should have stayed retired and rested on his 7 career wins. JMO
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

He is the greatest Tour rider in history, bar none.

Mercx.

He didn't win 7 in a row. :P

He was a clean rider though. Just saying......

There isn't proof that Lance didn't ride clean. Who knows? Either he was that damn good at hiding it, OR there is a lot of jealousy at his success. Hell, I'm not even sure what the truth is.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I don't think he would have won this year if he avoided all the crashes anyway. He should have stayed retired and rested on his 7 career wins. JMO

Hehe, I don't think he could! I bet he hardly ever went a day without being on the bike the whole time he was retired:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I thought it was Levi's turn last year, when Lance decided to come back. Levi is a true team player, so of course he supported the team plan. Since things have gone so badly for Lance, then I also hope the team will rally around Levi to get him his win this year! B|

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

He is the greatest Tour rider in history, bar none.

Mercx.

He didn't win 7 in a row. :P

He was a clean rider though. Just saying......

There's likely not a truly 'clean' rider in the entire Tour, but Lance is the most tested athlete in history... and he has never come up 'positive' in Tour history.

Frankly there is no certainty that Eddy Merckx was clean either, riders were doping back in his time as well.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

And then there were two...;)

Another day of brutal pacesetting and a nice little mini duel on the final climb. Can't wait until the Pyrenees when Andy's going to have to go all out to break free from Alberto.

Could. Be. Epic.

B|

He doesnt have to, but I'd like to see Contador attack Schleck more... He knows he has him in the TT, but more back and forward attackes would be fun!

Y'know, I've just got a feeling that he might. He's a naturally aggressive rider and rightly very proud of his climbing ability - he knows it would be viewed as a much greater accomplishment to win this Tour in the mountains instead of sitting on Scheck's wheel and waiting for the TT.

Ok, it wont be his No1 game plan, but I think (hope) he will stay right with Schleck everytime he attacks, and then if Schleck show any sign of weakness...

Stolen from Facebook, as comments on Jens' ride today::ph34r:

1.) Jens once hit the pavement so hard, the pavement's mother cried...
2.) Jens once tried to pass himself during a race, but Jens would have none of that...
3.) Jens spelled backward is "snej", which is ancient Sanskrit for "awesome"
4.) Jens Voigt is a distant relation to John Voigt, who is the father of Angelina Jolie...'nuff said...
5.) Jens can hop both wheels of his bike off the ground at the same time. But he doesn't "bunny hop". Jens doesn't do anything with "bunny" in the name.
6.) When Jens needs a little fiber in his diet, he eats other people's bikes...
7.) Jens doesn't take "natural" breaks...ever...
8.) Jens once won a mountain stage riding a girl's rusted single-speed Huffy he found lying by the side of the road. The bike had no pedals, but it had streamers and a bell, and that's all Jens needed...
9.) Jens once descended so fast he actually traveled backward in time. Finding himself behind the Peloton, he surged through the pack to take the victory. That win inspired the movie Back to the Future...
10.) Jens fathered both Liggett and Sherwin in an attempt to create at least one broadcaster capable of adequately describing his magnificence.

Remster

It's SCHLECK's year

After today's end of the stage. I think it's in the bag for Contador. He was just too strong fro Andy... I'm predicting 2 minute advantage to Contador even before the Time Trial.

And what about that head but yesterday! Yeaaahaaaaa! lol.. Damm ozzies... lol
Remster

After today's end of the stage. I think it's in the bag for Contador. He was just too strong fro Andy... I'm predicting 2 minute advantage to Contador even before the Time Trial.

Seems likely, especially after what Schleck said about pushing himself into the red when he was attacking Alberto a few stages ago. Funny though, Schleck gets 10 seconds on Contador at the start of the Alps and all the commentators are on about Contador being vulnerable this year - now Contador steals 10 seconds back just before the Pyrenees and he's untouchable again:P

And what about that head but yesterday! Yeaaahaaaaa! lol.. Damm ozzies... lol

I know the race directors can't approve of that sort of retaliation, but chucking him out altogether seems incredibly harsh. Dean was visibly leaning in on him, and this is not the first stage this year where part of the Garmin train have got physical with Renshaw.

Still though, likely sprint finish on tomorrows stage, will be very interesting to see how Cav performs having to sprint on someone elses terms - Renshaw really has been spoiling him lately;)

I think the official reason for chucking Renshaw out was not the headbutting, but rather how he went way out of line to trap Farrar against the fences... It was a ridiculously dangerous and stupid move... He was already pealing right, and then went hard left to trap him.. Completely inexcusable.
Remster

Like I said, "dirty."

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/07/_lance_armstrongs_final_tour.html

I think most of the riders are battling it out on an even field.... Clean or dirty.

I'd like to think the sport if cleaner now, but I am under no delusions about this. After having talked with local riders here in Tucson who were domestiques in Europe, my mind is pretty much made up about this.
Remster

I think the official reason for chucking Renshaw out was not the headbutting, but rather how he went way out of line to trap Farrar against the fences... It was a ridiculously dangerous and stupid move... He was already pealing right, and then went hard left to trap him.. Completely inexcusable.

In an interview immediately after the decision was announced the Tour Technical Director seemed pretty clear it was the headbutting that was the basis for the expulsion.

Moving across on Farrar, that was bad, and unjustifiable no matter what any other Garmin riders did (and I don't believe Renshaw when he says he didn't know Farrar was there). However - expulsion from the Tour? When have you ever seen that for a racing infraction?

When have you ever seen that for a racing infraction?

Cabt be bother to look up the details, but the commentators on Versus (the TV channel here in the US) explained that for going offline like Renshaw did, there have been at least 2 other expulsions in recent history .

Plus, jusy as I type this, Ventura (another commentator on Versus) just said he interviewed one of the commisaires, and he siad it was not for one particular event, it ws for both the headbutts and the jamming of farrar.

It's harsh, but I think its fair...

EDIT: enough about Renshaw... What about Thor killing it in a mountainous stage today! Didnt I say he had to be watched for the surprises he can bring in the mountains? Nat bad for a 180 lbs fat-ass sprinter! :ph34r:
Remster