Terminal-V

jump track or paralog for neptune

Hello everyone,

I was suppose to pick out a Christmas gift so I did. I chose the Neptune. Now I have to figure out what program I want to use. has anyone had any expieriance with either? and if so how easy is it to use and what type of cable to use to down load info into my desk top. I'm really not that informed when it come to computers.:S

Thanks,
Mike

You'll need to download the Paralog and then you'll need to purchase the license key to have full download capability. There are no wires for a neptune for download as everything is IR. If you don't have an IR port on your computer, you can get a USB IR port either thru Alti-2 or at BestBuy/CircuitCity/ etc... Uploading jumplogs from the Neptune is pretty easy, but I'd advise you to get someone to help you set it up if you don't know computers very well.

The JumpTrack is the cradle for a Pro-Track and paralog software comes as part of the JumpTrack Package. You don't need this unless you get a pro-track.

I bought paralog. It's a nice toy, but at 11 jumps, there are probably much better ways to spend your money. Honestly, all the graphs start to look the same after a little while. You get the most important info right on the neptune's screen. I mean, its not a bad program or anything, and it can be useful every once in a while, but i'd use that money to buy a jump or two.

Keep in mind that if you don't have a laptop, you need to wait till you get home to even download the data to see it. You can't just quickly check out your max/min speed for a jump right afterwards, which is when you are most likely going to wanna know that kind of thing.

Dave

The JumpTrack is the cradle for a Pro-Track and paralog software comes as part of the JumpTrack Package. You don't need this unless you get a pro-track.

small mistake - I just got a PM from the author of Paralog. Jumptrack is L&B's software and does not have anything to do w/ paralog. HOWEVER you can buy Paralog for the Protrack and buy just the ProTrack Cradle.

I purchased a Neptune and then later an IR port & Paralog. Setup was simple but I believe that with earlier operating systems that the IR port may be a bit trickier (I have XP). I required no help to do this but I am used to messing about with computers. As USB is plug & Play you should not have a problem.

I have had additional dealings with Klaus at Paralog & Lara at Alti II and both are very helpful and responded quickly & effectley to my situation.

Get out, Land on a green bit. If you get the pull somewhere in between it would help.