Squeak

December 2013 January 2014

It's possible to do in 6 weeks. You might run into snow in Utah, Wyoming and Nebraska. Possibly icy conditions in Kansas and Missouri. If you do run into a storm, the state and county crews are usually pretty good about getting things cleaned up.

Might want to swing into Las Vegas while your close! Have a little fun! ;)

Smile, Damn it!!

What do you think, doable in 6 weeks?
Easily?
Hazards? Snow? how much?

Easy? Doubtful. If you own a Hummer or LAV, ;) you can do it, but a rental car? It's a really Iffy time of year to be doing it. The Rockies can be impassible from the beginning of Nov. Sections of I80 close as well during inclement weather.

I've done that loop in Nov and I had to wait out storms and then dash between them to the next point.

Why, pray tell, do you want to do it in the winter?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

December 2103 ??

I'll prolly still be alive then...but YOU won't! :P

I think he is renting a car.:ph34r:

Damn you.... I need a new keyboard.

Fucker.

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Easily?
Hazards? Snow? how much?

Dec and Jan... I would keep LA and PHX as far north as you go.

That northern route that time of the year... wait that 100 years It might be a bit warmer and better by then.

Easily?
Hazards? Snow? how much?

Easy? Doubtful. If you own a Hummer or LAV, ;) you can do it, but a rental car? It's a really Iffy time of year to be doing it. The Rockies can be impassible from the beginning of Nov. Sections of I80 close as well during inclement weather.

I've done that loop in Nov and I had to wait out storms and then dash between them to the next point.

Why, pray tell, do you want to do it in the winter?

ok ill start on A NEW route :)I wasplanning on visiting folks in the northern places, but will have to reconsider
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't let em scare you! It's not that bad. What's wrong with the snow? If it's front wheel drive it will go on the roads in the snow. Although, I'm sure the Yeti's in Utah would love to have some company for a day or so!

Wrong continent! We have Sasquatches here!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Don't let em scare you! It's not that bad. What's wrong with the snow? If it's front wheel drive it will go on the roads in the snow. Although, I'm sure the Yeti's in Utah would love to have some company for a day or so!

I think the OP would be a LOT more comfortable driving thru desert sand in 40 degree C heat... It does a not snow a lot where he is from :ph34r::ph34r:

Easily?
Hazards? Snow? how much?

Easy? Doubtful. If you own a Hummer or LAV, ;) you can do it, but a rental car?

Even more important than being drunk, however, is having the right car. You have to get a car that handles really well. This is extremely important, and there's a lot of debate on this subject – about what kind of car handles best. Some say a front-engined car; some say a rear-engined car. I say a rented car. Nothing handles better than a rented car. You can go faster, turn corners sharper, and put the transmission into reverse while going forward at a higher rate of speed in a rented car than in any other kind. You can also park without looking, and can use the trunk as an ice chest. Another thing about a rented car is that it's an all-terrain vehicle. Mud, snow, water, woods – you can take a rented car anywhere. True, you can't always get it back – but that's not your problem, is it?

-- P. J. O'Rourke
:ph34r:
Ref: http://www.heretical.com/miscella/reptile.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

With a name like RkyMtnGrinReapr, how do we know you're not Bigfoot, himself? :o:P

Ahhh, you caught me! There is a reason those guys can't ever find me in the woods, they should be looking in airplanes and dropzones.

Since you've figured it out, I did want to clarify something about the Jack Links Beef Jerky commercials. The family member that is in those commercials is the slow cousin that everyone seems to have in the family! Poor guy can't get a break. :ph34r:

And if you don't know who the slow cousin is in your family, it's probably you!:P
Smile, Damn it!!

That route will take you dangerously close to where I live.;)

the Texas part is going to happen regardless of chosen route ;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Even more important than being drunk, however, is having the right car. You have to get a car that handles really well. This is extremely important, and there's a lot of debate on this subject – about what kind of car handles best. Some say a front-engined car; some say a rear-engined car. I say a rented car. Nothing handles better than a rented car. You can go faster, turn corners sharper, and put the transmission into reverse while going forward at a higher rate of speed in a rented car than in any other kind. You can also park without looking, and can use the trunk as an ice chest. Another thing about a rented car is that it's an all-terrain vehicle. Mud, snow, water, woods – you can take a rented car anywhere. True, you can't always get it back – but that's not your problem, is it?

LMAO! :D:D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message