phreeloader

Door fear

So maybe it's because i'm new to the sport, and hopefully this will get better as I progress. But was hoping to get some pointers, or tips from the experts!

I really don't know what the deal is, I get excited on the mornings I wake up knowing that i'm headed to the DZ. Even more so when I stop by manifest and put myself on a load. Even while gearing up i start to visualize the dive & make a dive plan to try and get some more items checked off towards my A. I still step onto the mock up before ever jump so i can plan my exits ahead of time...

But the 1 thing about this sport that still scares the hell out of me, is walking thru door of my house when i'm done for the day and having my wife ask how much I spent

how do ya'll handle this??

But the 1 thing about this sport that still scares the hell out of me, is walking thru door of my house when i'm done for the day and having my wife ask how much I spent

Haha, Win!

I use the "potential future career" excuse.. We'll see how long that lasts me though.. That or just don't leave the dropzone.. You get to keep jumping and avoid the whole conversation in its entirety.

1. You have ~13 jumps. It takes time. Everyone has their anxiety point. For me, I hate the first 3,000 feet and grit my teeth. Seen too many plane crashes on takeoff (not related to skydiving). For some it's just before the door opens, others... you get the idea. It never goes away, but we can minimize it. Please search for Brian Germain's articles/book on "Transcending Fear."

2. Not enough, Baby. Not enough. Now, let's go fuck while I still have a hard-on. You have got to learn to divert their attention. :D

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Honey I'm home...I bowled a personal best 266 today! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

When I started skydiving, I picked up a second job in order to fund it. I told my now wife but girlfriend at the time that my primary job income would be family money but the secondary income was mine. My second job varied from 5 to 40 hours a week so that became a larger issue due to the weekends being set aside for skydiving :)

Kirk
He's dead Jim

...until he loses his turn! :P

shit happens.... :)

"Hey dood, I think your girlfriend wants to fuck that guy she's talking to"

"Naaa, not THAT guy...She wants to fuck EVERYBODY!"

~Overheard in the packing room a couple years ago. :D:D

I fear doors, because whenever I go through one into another room I have to ask myself "What did I come in here for?"

I bet airtwardo has the same problem.

If I didn't have blink & breathe tattooed on the insides of my eyelids, I'd be a corpse by now! ;)

So maybe it's because i'm new to the sport, and hopefully this will get better as I progress. But was hoping to get some pointers, or tips from the experts!

I really don't know what the deal is, I get excited on the mornings I wake up knowing that i'm headed to the DZ. Even more so when I stop by manifest and put myself on a load. Even while gearing up i start to visualize the dive & make a dive plan to try and get some more items checked off towards my A. I still step onto the mock up before ever jump so i can plan my exits ahead of time...

You stand up like a man and say "Woman, I make the money, I decide how to spend the money! Now go in the kitchen, make me a sammich and bring me a beer!!"

It will solve your problem.

One way or another, you won't have to answer the question again.

:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

You stand up like a man and say "Woman, I make the money, I decide how to spend the money! Now go in the kitchen, make me a sammich and bring me a beer!!"

It will solve your problem.

One way or another, you won't have to answer the question again.

:)

Don't forget to take her shoes away and knock her up for good measure! [:/]. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Now I've heard folks compare skydiving to sex, and don't get me wrong, I find skydiving exhilarating! But I don't think I wanna trade 1 for the other :D

I knew I could count on you guys to get me thru this!

So far I managed to buy some time by telling her it'll be better once I was thru AFF (didn't help that I repeated level 3 twice[:/]) ... and now that I graduated I'm telling her it'll get better once I get my own gear and can stop paying rental... I may be back for a new excuse one I'm able to pull that trigger :D

You stand up like a man and say "Woman, I make the money, I decide how to spend the money! Now go in the kitchen, make me a sammich and bring me a beer!

...aaaand THAT'S when the fight started..
:DB|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You stand up like a man and say "Woman, I make the money, I decide how to spend the money! Now go in the kitchen, make me a sammich and bring me a beer!

...aaaand THAT'S when the fight started..
:DB|

Well, I didn't say that it would be the outcome that he wanted.

If she looks at him, says "Yeah, right" and leaves, then he still won't have to answer the question, now will he?

And it's going to be pretty hard for him to take away her shoes if one of them is planted deeply up his ass. Although it would be pretty fun to hear how he explains that one to the ER nurse.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo