promise5

Names of jumps lol

9-way horny gorilla???
Who comes up with these names?? Watched the video and I just didn't see the connection. Not that I know what a 9-way horny gorilla would look like nor do I think I want to know. eeeekkkkk
To me that just says billy vance's sick and twisted all over it:P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I just thought it was funny. :)maybe my mind works in a strange way

Nope, it just works like a whuffo. You'll get it figured out before too long. It's nothing a thousand jumps won't fix.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here's how it got its name.

Several jumpers, 3,4 or more would link up in a circle, holding hands. We call this formation a star. Then one would signal and all would swing their feet down under and forward at the same time. As the feet met in the middle, everyone would lock their legs together with everyone else's.

Then everyone would let go with the hands, lay back and make goofy faces and ape noises. Being skydivers we weren't just gorillas, but horny gorillas. ;)

Sounds goofy, yeah, and probably is, but it's a helluva lot of fun at 100+ miles an hour with a bunch of friends. :)
And that's no $hit the Truth. :D

Thanks for that history lesson, John! B| I had no idea they were originally done that way, we just always launch them and then end up in a sit once we let go.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks for that history lesson, John! B| I had no idea they were originally done that way, we just always launch them and then end up in a sit once we let go.

The way I did it was build a round then with shoulder/upper arm grips, swing our legs toward the center and lock 'em up.

I guess I'm just old school that way. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My old freefly team made up a move called the Tidey Bowl and another local freefly team invented a move called the MannLasher. That was both their last names put together.
We used to have so much fun in the old days making up freefly moves.