promise5

What made you start jumping?

One engine out. Pilot getting a parachute on. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Stress at my old job made me do it!! ;) I was teaching full time in a local university, and one semester I had this student who was a real cancer to the whole department. She complained about everyone, lied about professors/administrators from our department telling her things about her grades, etc. Expected her mommy/daddy (who were contributors to the school) to always call and make things better for her just with a phone call. Well, she was in my class, wasn't doing any work, and I was failing her. One day it got so bad, that I almost lost my cool with her bullshit in class, but instead, I kicked her out and told her to come back when she adjusted her attitude. She never came back btw. :P:ph34r::D

Anyways, that day I was stressed as hell. Walked outside after class, sat down on the bench, and realized I was wound so tight that I would snap soon. Needed a way to de-stress. Looked up at the sky...and that was that. Did a tandem in 2003, 2005, and this happened in late 2008.

Wrecked my motorcycle showing off for a girl. Saw an ad $19 learn to skydive. Made the first jump and asked what you had to fix on a parachute between jumps. They told me nothing, just pack it and throw it in your trunk. I sold the motorcycle.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Stress at my old job made me do it!! ;) I was teaching full time in a local university, and one semester I had this student who was a real cancer to the whole department. She complained about everyone, lied about professors/administrators from our department telling her things about her grades, etc. Expected her mommy/daddy (who were contributors to the school) to always call and make things better for her just with a phone call. Well, she was in my class, wasn't doing any work, and I was failing her. One day it got so bad, that I almost lost my cool with her bullshit in class, but instead, I kicked her out and told her to come back when she adjusted her attitude. She never came back btw. :P:ph34r::D

Anyways, that day I was stressed as hell. Walked outside after class, sat down on the bench, and realized I was wound so tight that I would snap soon. Needed a way to de-stress. Looked up at the sky...and that was that. Did a tandem in 2003, 2005, and this happened in late 2008.

wait... you skydive? i thought you just hung out at the dropzone to try and impress the ladies by SAYING you're a skydiver
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

A friend asked me in high school if I wanted to go jumping that weekend. After initially telling him he was crazy, I said "Yeah."B| I guess I liked it.

Out of our group, I was the only one who kept jumping. Pretty common thing, though. I'm pretty glad I did. I've done and seen incredible things around the world, and met some of the best people anywhere, especially my wife. :)

Down on my luck. Had been fired from the family business, laid off from my carpenter job and was working at a bar.

The bar manager (who I thought was an asshole) organized a group to jump every year and I said fuck it, why not?

As soon as I landed my first thought was, where have you been all my life?

Totally unfucked and refucked my life. Took over family business, have 300 jumps and that manager is a real good friend now. (wish I could get him to jump more.)

Strange how things work out.:ph34r: