Aircraft crash video

Imagine however if people paid as much attention to driving and maintaining their cars as pilots do to flying and mechanics do to the planes. There would be like a fraction of the accidents happening on the roads from what is currently happening.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Imagine however if people paid as much attention to driving and maintaining their cars as pilots do to flying and mechanics do to the planes. There would be like a fraction of the accidents happening on the roads from what is currently happening.

Just imagine if they required the same level of training and specific requirements for drivers license holders and vehicles. :S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well . . . I tend to differ in my opinion. I've seen pilots do some amazingly stupid stuff, occasionally been able to stop them. This analysis says GA may be close to 20 times more dangerous than driving. At least a magnitude more dangerous.

http://www.meretrix.com/~harry/flying/notes/safetyvsdriving.html

With that said, IMHO, when you're driving, you're at the mercy of many others. When you're flying, your own judgement usually determines your fate. :)

I was mainly thinking about commercial air traffic (in Western countries) and didn't really think about GA. Indeed with GA it might not be so clear cut.

Gotcha. Yes, commercial aviation, last I heard, was about 20 times safer than driving.

But private pilots and skydivers like to tell themselves that the most dangerous thing is the drive to the airport. I don't think so.:D

I was mainly thinking about commercial air traffic (in Western countries) and didn't really think about GA. Indeed with GA it might not be so clear cut.

Gotcha. Yes, commercial aviation, last I heard, was about 20 times safer than driving.

But private pilots and skydivers like to tell themselves that the most dangerous thing is the drive to the airport. I don't think so.:D

Hell, I'm building an airplane, that I will be the test pilot for its first flight.

I'd think that's way more dangerous than driving to the damn airport. :S
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Well . . . I tend to differ in my opinion. I've seen pilots do some amazingly stupid stuff, occasionally been able to stop them. This analysis says GA may be close to 20 times more dangerous than driving. At least a magnitude more dangerous.

http://www.meretrix.com/~harry/flying/notes/safetyvsdriving.html

With that said, IMHO, when you're driving, you're at the mercy of many others. When you're flying, your own judgement usually determines your fate. :)

Exactly! However, people texting and driving or drinking and driving are a free will problem. Once someone gets in the car, it's hard to control what they do while driving.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

The most unbelievable one for me is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydkHy2P0dU

Dhc4 bigger brother to the otter. Crashed on take off because the control locks were not removed.

Seen that a few times. Hard to believe he didn't do a control check prior to rolling.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Seen that a few times. Hard to believe he didn't do a control check prior to rolling.

Many, many pilots have made that mistake. :|

There was just another Cirrus CAPS deployment and crash last week.

http://www.flyingmag.com/technique/accidents/cirrus-sr22-crashes-connecticut

Sounds like they ran outta gas on final.:S

It's fucking amazing that there are THIS many forced landings without power because people forget to put enough gas in the damn plane or try to push their luck. :|

Also, makes houses near airport runways seem less and less attractive. Never know when someone will come crash on your couch.