airtwardo

RIP Rev Jim

Never met him but he was one of my first friends on dz.com.
Truly part of the ole skool family.

Same here, Jim and i used to chat all the time. I loved his Racer with the Cross on the pop top.
Chatted with him about a month ago just to say hi and ask how he was. Wish I'd kept in more contact.

RIP Mr Manny :(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What a bitch!

Never got to meet him but I had some good pm's with him over the years.

I knew him as a good guy and always thought the oldschool dz.com crowd would always be around.

Rest Easy, Jim.

Me too ... man! [:/] RIP Rev! I appreciate the love thru the years as we talked theology and skydiving...

steveOrino

Damn, Jim was one of the good ones! He has/had a Birdman suit that is signed by Joe Kittinger that I sold him that at the time was an unpopular decision but we both laughed about it a lot. He also had a voicemail greeting that tricked me so many times when we used to talk on the phone, it would answer something like "Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? Hello? ........ Leave me a voicemail." After a few beers I would start trying to scream into the phone to get him to hear me only to end up leaving a voicemail.

Running around WFFC with RevJim were happy times indeed!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What a bitch!

Never got to meet him but I had some good pm's with him over the years.

I knew him as a good guy and always thought the oldschool dz.com crowd would always be around.

Rest Easy, Jim.

Same here. We chatted, PMed and e-mailed over the years. The old-school DZ.com crew really feels like family and we lost a family member.[:/]

Agreed. I remember posts by him on the old rec.skydiving forum going back to the late 90's! [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Picked up Jim at his home in Central Wisconsin and we drove to one of the WFFC boogies in Rantoul. Good thing he loved to drive cause I had no idea how big Wisconsin actually was until that trip.

Jim was a hard worker, always concerned about his parents and family, generous with his time in helping others.

He will be missed by many......Fly free Rev. Jim
Have a yippee ki ya day!

He was pretty much always positive, and pretty much always fun, and pretty much always honest about things. At least online, both on the wreck and here.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

He also had a voicemail greeting that tricked me so many times when we used to talk on the phone, it would answer something like "Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? Hello? ........ Leave me a voicemail."

Ha, he got me with that too. :$

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

It's amazing to see how many people cared about my dad, it brought tears to my eyes to see how many hearts he has touched. I will be following in his footsteps and hope to accomplish the same that he has. If anyone would like to come to the funeral (I understand that it may be difficult, but words can't even describe how appreciative I will be and have been for everyone's support), then please message me.

Never met him but he was one of my first friends on dz.com.
Truly part of the ole skool family.

Same here, Jim and i used to chat all the time. I loved his Racer with the Cross on the pop top.
Chatted with him about a month ago just to say hi and ask how he was. Wish I'd kept in more contact.

RIP Mr Manny :(
----------------------------------------------------------
I was very fortunate enough to have me this great guy at Skydive Adventure a few years back.
I am all too familiar with his Racer & the Cross on the pop top.
My husband ( then boyfriend) would pack his reserve.
As any of you who has closed a Racer reserve would know, they're a bit difficult. |
Brad would get the spring loaded pilot about ready to place the pop top & out it'd go like a jack in he box.
The fluent bombardment of profanity to come was abit disconcerning to say the least, as I would stare at that cross.
It was always good to see him every few months or so... whether for a jump, just stopping in to catch up, or drop off his rig for re-pack !
~Peaceful Eternal Flights On The Wings of Our Holy Spirit, Dear Friend ~