airtwardo

RIP Rev Jim

Trying to avoid speculation or mis-information I'm waiting to hear & confirm more actual details...

Jim's cause of death is unclear at this time, what I do know is that he started his truck to leave for work this morning...

He was found shortly thereafter on the floor of the house and had passed.

Those who knew Jim were aware of health problems in the past, however it seems he'd been doing well for a year or so now.

Keep Courtney his daughter in your prayers, she's having a difficult time as you can imagine.

She's the apple of his eye and if you ever talked to Jim in person, you heard him brag about her usually within the first 3 minutes of the conversation.

The Rev touched a lot of lives within our skydiving family, I'm fortunate to have known him and honored to call him my friend.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

:(

Fly free my brother!

It wasn't because of the pieing he got at Dublin was it?

All I did was bold his jacket.

BSBD bro.

Fuck.

That was when he finally got his WFFC staff shirt back. While in my possession many women wore and signed it. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I remember him @ WWF; I was driving a golf cart, and he was taking care of those 'at-risk' (bad-a$$ed) kids. He was very good to them and spent a lot of time talking to them. They liked him and were listening. A good guy.

I don't come here a lot, but I came back to read what happened to Rev.Jim. Rest in peace, Rev. Shocked & sorry you're gone. Condolences to the family.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Ah man. The Rev was one of my close friends from the earliest days. He stayed at my house several times when he was truck driving cross country. I Jumped with him all over the midwest and at the Harvest Moon boogie too.
A good gentle guy to hang with who kept my ass out of trouble more than once.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

one of the nicest guys on here - such sad news - sending many prayers and condolences to all that are hurting without him, especially his daughter :(

"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

What a bitch!

Never got to meet him but I had some good pm's with him over the years.

I knew him as a good guy and always thought the oldschool dz.com crowd would always be around.

Rest Easy, Jim.

Same here. We chatted, PMed and e-mailed over the years. The old-school DZ.com crew really feels like family and we lost a family member.[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I just have to tell one quick RevJim story, from WFFC days.
When we would first set up every year, we (the staff members) bunked together in the Grissom Hall building. As the crowd of volunteers grew, we would use more and more rooms, but still 10 or 12 to a room.
My nephew stayed in the same room with RevJim and about 3 other underaged kids plus a bunch of the older guys like RevJim. The kids would head back to the bunk house and take bets on which adult would be the last one back. My nephew bet on RevJim every night, and he won. EVERY night!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]