medusa

Against CBSSF for #poorjournalism

Hi everyone,

HELP our sport, if you have Twitter re-tweet the post below. Let's link @CBSSF with hashtag #poorjournalism.

Lets show media that we are not going to allow them to walk all over our sport any more. I'm sick and tired to this sensationalist crap due to the ignorance of journalists and the stupidity of some.

Let our voices be heard!

https://twitter.com/BASEJmpColombia/status/301203504213684224
Medusa

Get Killed or Die Trying!
Patent pending ATFK15456

Actually I have to say that I've read far worse reports than that one. The headline and the assertion that the industry has 'almost no regulations' are indefensible, of course - but at least the reporter spoke to several parties, and included a response from the DZ.

Contrary to one or two of the comments on that thread, the FAA report does refer to issues with the gear, and it's not helpful to attack people who are only quoting from it. But of course Flores was extremely foolish, and unfortunately it's his perspective that colours the article. Hopefully his foolishness is abundantly clear from the number of people who've pointed it out!

My problem is that the FAA really has no reason to "inspect" this equipment nor are they justified in investigating this incident in the first place. It was not aircraft related. It was not related to anything TSO'd. It was possibly a maintenance issue but the regs don't really care if we jump using a bedsheet and kite string as long as the harness/container/reserve are TSO'd and in condition for safe flight. They had no business being involved. It was a parachuting accident, not under their pervue unless it was a reserve or harness failure.

The real problem is this student who quite probably has a medical issue that should keep him grounded. He also has a blatant disregard for basic safety recommendations. I am also sure he has an ambulance chaser for guidance. Did you see him start to cry when he watched the video. Oh, the pain and suffering!

Why did he pass out?

Isn't that a bit like asking why the driver of the car passed out after being in a wreck because he didn't notice the wheels were about to fall off the Ferrari he rented to go street racing?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Jerry how do you know they are sticking their nose where it don't belong? Can you say there was not an FAA inspector present on the airport when this event took place?

Because if there was and they saw an event take place on an airport they are free to investigate anything they want too on a airport.

Maybe the pilot filed an ANSR report to cover his ass for dropping that unsealed rig? There are many questions left unanswered as too how all of this went down.

Did the family of dumbass call the FSDO? If they did the FAA is required to respond.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo