HazMatt

Kinda liking the 2014 C7 Corvette......

Heh. Bring it out here to Colorado when you buy one! If you let me drive your Corvette on the Longmont to Estes Park to Longmont loop, I'll let you drive my Nismo on the same route! B|

I've driven that road.... in a rental.... at night.... for the first time. :S

Ok sit on me lap, it's story time. Ok don't, I'll tell you anyway.

When I first moved out here, I was driving an RX7 I paid $900 cash for. Since I moved from North Carolina and they don't actually have snow there, my tires were a little... bald.

So the hotel down in Boulder near my workplace was $60 a night, and the Twin Owls Motor Lodge in Estes Park was $30 a night in the off season. So on the weekends I headed up there to save a few bucks.

So one Monday I come out and there's about a quarter inch of snow on the ground. And I'm all like "I can make it into Boulder!" Because I'm an IDIOT! So I start driving and I make it up the first hill just fine and I'm like "I'm good!" Then I look up ahead and there are some elk crossing the road. So I decide to slow down early so I don't plow into an elk in half a mile.

Well I barely tap the brakes and I go flying off the road and into a ditch. So I'm sitting there at a 20 degree angle, with a herd of elk looking at me like I'm retarded. After a while a snow plow comes along and he's like "Hey buddy! Want me to pull you out of there?" So I say "Yeah!" So he goes off to get chains for his snowplow, and the elk are still looking at me. After a while he comes back and pulls me out, I bump start the RX8 as he pulls me out, and I'm like "I can make it to Boulder!" Because I'm an IDIOT!

So I'm going along at about half the speed I was going before, and I start sliding off the road. And I'm like "OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO DIE!" Then my tires catch and I slow down some more. So I hit the turns and there's a row of like 8 SUVs behind me going "GET OFF THE ROAD YOU IDIOT!" and I slide off to the side. Fortunately I stop before I go over the edge. All the SUVs go around and I slow down some more.

Couple hours later I made it in to Boulder, and bought new tires that very day! With good all season radials on it, that car actually handled pretty well in the snow.

I more than got my money's worth out of that car, though. Paid $900 for it, drove it for several months in North Carolina, then drove it from North Carolina to Colorado, then drove it out here a couple years until the exhaust system fell out of it. It was quirky as hell, but it got me around!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

It was my first foray into the Rockies, but yeah it wasn't that bad. The scariest road was when I was stoopid enough to let GPS unit take me from Blackhawk out onto an unpaved road to Idaho Springs, with thousand foot drops and no guard rails. It was daytime and it still scared the shit out of me. My wife even saw a wrecked car hundreds of feet below over the edge. :S

Yes, we used to put up guard rails, but the damned tourists kept knocking them down, so it became too expensive.:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That car ain't hurt that bad. The only thing that is going to make it expensive to fix is b/c of the new year model. Even salvaged it's worth thousands of dollars in parts alone.

If the car is really a pre production build vehicle, then I think they will not sell the car as a whole. Of course some parts that are carry-over from production cars could be removed and sold, but Honda/Acura would not do that with their pre-production vehicles, they would be stored for a while then destroyed.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

they would be stored for a while then destroyed.

A friend of mine did the rigging for a Ford truck being parachuted in a commercial. At the end of the commercial, the perfectly good, unscratched truck went off to the scrapper, with my friend offering to buy it. Liability concerns. [:/]

but Honda/Acura would not do that with their pre-production vehicles, they would be stored for a while then destroyed.

Let's not confuse the Chevrolet Corvette with the acura or honda. Not even comparable. That particular car could be repaired by the right person rather easily.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

but Honda/Acura would not do that with their pre-production vehicles, they would be stored for a while then destroyed.

Let's not confuse the Chevrolet Corvette with the acura or honda. Not even comparable. That particular car could be repaired by the right person rather easily.

I didn't think I was confusing anything or anyone. What is comparable is what mfgs do with their pre production vehicles. They cannot let them get out/get sold/given away to anyone at all. They get used for mfg purposes for a limited time and their fate is certain. It matters not whether the vehicle could get repaired.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Whoopsie! Looks like you might want to be careful with that car on the stretch of road between Longmont and Estes Park! Heh heh heh.

That road isn't even that interesting.
Now for an interesting road, see attached:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Whoopsie! Looks like you might want to be careful with that car on the stretch of road between Longmont and Estes Park! Heh heh heh.

Let me guess, is that in the Andes, in South America?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You are very close: Europe.:P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelvio_Pass
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Ooh I like it! The mountains around here and Trail Ridge Road are the hairiest roads I ever drive on. Most of the time there's too much traffic to really open the car up. Skydiving has pretty much replaced that for my adrenaline fix now. It's still pretty funny to go up on trail ridge road and watch the flatlanders being terrified of the thousand foot drops. They'll ride as long as they can six inches over the double yellows and grudgingly pull back over when oncoming traffic shows up.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Ooh I like it! The mountains around here and Trail Ridge Road are the hairiest roads I ever drive on. Most of the time there's too much traffic to really open the car up. Skydiving has pretty much replaced that for my adrenaline fix now. It's still pretty funny to go up on trail ridge road and watch the flatlanders being terrified of the thousand foot drops. They'll ride as long as they can six inches over the double yellows and grudgingly pull back over when oncoming traffic shows up.

I hate those idiots on Mt Evans:
- Driving on wrong side of road, (to avoid being next to the edge).
- Driving around BLIND hairpin turns on the WRONG SIDE.
- Making nonsensical panic stops when approaching a hairpin turn.
- Parking their car on the road to do sightseeing oblivious to the traffic jams it causes.
:S

I've done the Idaho Springs to Mt Evans climb 4 times on a bike, but the worst part is the moron cagers trying to kill me. I really wish they would have one day per week where the cagers were prohibited.

You are very close: Europe.:P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelvio_Pass

I should have known.... You think South America has roads looking that good? I don't think so. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

yet the new ass look like a Camaro...:|

The new "ass" that is on the CorVette was originally designed for the CorVette. They stuck it on the Camaro to see how it would go over with the consumers before they gave it a stamp of approval for the newly designed CorVette. If you go back through history and look at tails, noses what not, you'll see there were a bunch of manufacturer's either copying, borrowing or incorporating each other's nose and tail designs. I guess the next thing we know someone is gonna say Chevrolet stole the Quarter glass from the Barracuda?
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

All the majors seem to prefer to have an identifiable nase and tail on their cars for brand recognition. It also allows the flexibility to change the model every few years (to keep the consumer coming back) yet keep the "look" of the brand.

Interesting to hear how they tested that look on the consumer though - thanks!

it's not the first time the Camaro and the Corvette have been mistaken for each other (light-wise), but I'm still not sold on this esthetic statement.

I've got over 200,000 mi. on the c6, and they drive pretty-damn well. I'm sure that the c7 will drive pretty-damn well, too.

It's only a matter of time till I cave. B|

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9