nigel99

fucking spelling mistake!!

6 years ago some wanker made a spelling mistake on one of my passport details.

It is a minor details (middle name) and I didn't notice for years, as nobody else had picked up on it I ignored it. Big mistake, settlement was due on my house tomorrow and someone picked up that my ID didn't quite match. Well lets see how this pans out, but rental runs out on Tuesday.

On the lighter side of life, the dude next to me on the train is on his way to 'gay bingo' who knew there was such a thing...funny what you overhear on trains.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

A couple decades ago someone made a spelling mistake on my driver's license with my middle name. I've never been able to get my driver's license changed although my passport says something different. I mostly just use my middle initial and wave my hands vaguely.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

On the lighter side of life, the dude next to me on the train is on his way to 'gay bingo'

SO many bad jokes I don't know where to start. The overwhelming majority do relate to:

1.) the bingo number O-69;

2.) where all those balls are likely to end up;

3.) bingo balls, period;

4.) Winning the 50/50 or the Cover All.

Elvisio "your choice" Rodriguez

Ya know....

Back in the middle ages, manuscripts were copied to reprodue the texts. One monk brought up the fact thet if a mistake had been made some where it might have been perpetuated through the years. The head monk went down to the cellar where all the originals were kept to check them against the current copies. After severel days he had not come back up so the other monks went to find out how he was doing. They found him sitting there crying. They asked what as wrong. He said, "The word was CELEBRATE."

Pardon any misspellings. I copied this.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Hi nigel,

some wanker made a spelling mistake

and I didn't notice for years

Now, who's fault is it really?

JerryBaumchen

Actually the really dumb thing was not getting it fixed when i saw it.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

So...two docs conflict?
Which one is the easiest to have changed?
Change it to match the other one.
Simple.

You middle name is now Gaybingo.

I'm going to get my passport fixed. Then the fun will be that the Ozzies say that I never entered the country:D

Did you speak to the bank (loan officer)? In general underwriters would accept a LOX (letter of explanation) here in the US. Probably need at least one other form of ID with the right spelling still.

You type up a little "my passport has a typo I have never used that name" blurb, and sign it and everyone is happy.

Not sure how it works elsewhere in the world but could be worth the phone call if you haven't tried it yet.

GL!

Thanks I am all sorted for now. My UK drivers license etc are all correct and there is basically a 5 day delay.

So other than the fact that I'm going to have to do some heavy negotiating with the wife, to be let off the leash to jump next weekend, all is looking good.

I tried to put the passport right, but as the UK is funding the national deficit via a $5 a minute premium rate help line, I will wait the 18 months till the passport expires and then fix it.