DJL

RIP Jeep. You did to the Cherokee what Lucas did to Star Wars

I'm not happy with this. As someone who just spent the last 4 months scouring the East Coast for a Cherokee in good condition I am disgusted. Jeep just killed my childhood. This is the Jar-Jar Binks of Jeep products.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/jeep-replaces-liberty-angrier-lumpier-cherokee-043603717.html
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Jeezuz fuggin' christ that thing's ugly!:o
What kind of design-by-committee idiocy did it take to approve that abomination for production???:S

And this is coming from someone who's last four vehicles have been Jeeps.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Holy crap that's ugly. FWIW, Jeeps have been moving away from being honest offroad vehicles for about a decade now. I own a 1999 TJ Wrangler, which I consider (barely) still a reasonable offroad vehicle. Even it has more emissions crap under the hood than I can stand. If/when I sell it I'm going to be looking at an older YJ or newer CJ.

Anymore, Jeep is catering to the soccer mom's and posers. The Wrangler JK is just that: all electric bells and whistles and a minivan engine.

The older Cherokees, I will agree with you, were great vehicles. Pretty much anything with that straight six was gold.

Elvisio "do love my TJ, though" Rodriguez

The Wrangler JK is just that: all electric bells and whistles and a minivan engine.

Your info on the engine is out of date.
The JK had the minivan engine from 2007-2011.
In 2012 it got the Pentastar engine with:
- More HP.
- More torque.
- Better mileage.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Ew!! It makes me want to keep my 2003 Liberty even longer, just to hold onto the more classic style!

I had an 05 Liberty, it sucked fuel faster than an F-18 in full burner! :o:S

Had a 2012 Compass I used all last summer...'the silver bullet'

~ quick little 4x4 that got 30mpg on the highway...I'm looking around to maybe buy one fairly soon.

Just the right size, decent mileage, decked out the inside is pretty comfy.

...I put 30,000 miles on one in 4 months last year...BETTER be comfy! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That looks hideous. :( If it looks that bad from the front, it's no wonder they didn't show any pics of the hind end.

The rental when my car was in the body shop last fall was a Liberty, and I hated it. I've driven older Jeeps of several types and they were great, but that one sucked so bad, I drove it as little as possible during the time I had it.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Had a 2012 Compass I used all last summer...'the silver bullet'

~ quick little 4x4 that got 30mpg on the highway...I'm looking around to maybe buy one fairly soon.

Just the right size, decent mileage, decked out the inside is pretty comfy.

...I put 30,000 miles on one in 4 months last year...BETTER be comfy! :D

I have a 2010 Compass. I've been teased for not driving a "real" Jeep, but I've found it is just as much Jeep in performance as the others. It was available in 5-speed manual for all trim levels, and I get a lot of shocked-but-impressed looks from Turks when they realize an American chick drives a manual transmission. Around Istanbul. (if anyone has ever driven the side streets of Istanbul, you'll know why that means something).

The first winter in Ankara, I learned that higher ratios of marble in road construction, plus very wet snow, plus a significant grade, equal a rodeo drive home. However, my reliable Compass went straight up the hill with no issues (made more interesting by having to dodge all the other cars spinning their tires, trying not to slide down the hill!).

First winter in DC we had a lot of snow. My car was under a carport, so right in front of my car was the snow that had fallen from the carport, added to the pileup from the snowplows. Not a problem -- just climbed right over it and went about my day. B|

Bottom line, I have a comfortable, classy vehicle that is fun to drive and does what I need it to do.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Yeah, mine is a gas guzzler too. I haven't had a payment on it for a couple years, so that's another reason why I'm reluctant to let it go! I would be happy with getting another Jeep, but my mechanic (Normiss) doesn't like working on them. He said I'd have to settle for a Mercedes when we finally purchase a new car. Oh, I guess...:P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yup... Butt ugly! Looks like my 08 Grand Cherokee will be my last? Here in Minneapolis, with 9 months of winter, the Grand Cherokee's are the best thing since Frosted Pop-Tarts.

Maybe they'll grow on you after a couple years? [:/]

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I'm not happy with this. As someone who just spent the last 4 months scouring the East Coast for a Cherokee in good condition I am disgusted. Jeep just killed my childhood. This is the Jar-Jar Binks of Jeep products.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/jeep-replaces-liberty-angrier-lumpier-cherokee-043603717.html

The damn thing looks like it has buck teeth

Yup... Butt ugly! Looks like my 08 Grand Cherokee will be my last? Here in Minneapolis, with 9 months of winter, the Grand Cherokee's are the best thing since Frosted Pop-Tarts.

eah.. but EVERYTHING is frosted there for 9 months!!!

eah.. but EVERYTHING is frosted there for 9 months!!!

HEY!!!! why are you insulting Butt??? I for one think my butt looks better then that jeep:P:P:P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

That is UGLY!!! I've owned two Grand Cherokees ... my 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited that I gave to my dad when I got my 2007 Grand Cherokee Overland. Both purchased used but I couldn't afford them when they were new!

If this is the future of Grand Cherokees, I'm keeping my current baby till I DIE!!!

Here's my 2007.

The 1998 is FIRE ENGINE RED and in awesome shape!! The photo attached isn't my old one but looks just like it.
'Shell

That is UGLY!!! I've owned two Grand Cherokees ... my 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited that I gave to my dad when I got my 2007 Grand Cherokee Overland. Both purchased used but I couldn't afford them when they were new!

If this is the future of Grand Cherokees, I'm keeping my current baby till I DIE!!!

Here's my 2007.

The 1998 is FIRE ENGINE RED and in awesome shape!! The photo attached isn't my old one but looks just like it.

I have a picture of the one that is purported to be red but who can tell it was a really dry DUSTY summer at LP:ph34r:

Looks like a Chrysler van screwed a Lexus crossover.

I bought my ex wife one of the square body Cherokees. It was a pretty good vehicle.

I'm on my third Wrangler. This one is four doors and (sigh) has automatic transmission and air conditioning. My next one is going back to two doors, stick and no air.

Not interested in Liberty, Compass, or whatever that monstrosity is. I hate that Chrysler acquired Jeep. They've been messing it up ever since. If I had the money, I'd buy Jeep and make it a truly American product like Harley did. And you would be able to get them in any color you wanted...so long as you wanted Red, White or Blue! lol
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

----------------------------------------------------------
We have a '98, as our fun mobile !
During off season here in WI., no better way to break the cabin blues, giggling like little kids taking our Grand Cherokee out before the plows go through off roading, or after a heavy rain or melt off...puddle jumping B|
It's the ride to have when we ba'ja & burrow through 'off the beaten path ' camp sites, as well :D
Though its not my ride of choice on the highways, when this one falls to pieces we're picking it back up & putting it together again. ;)