jf951

Whats your "Real" Job?

I know a lot of us on here are carrer skydivers, but for those of you who aren't, and even for those of you who are, whats is or was your real job? did you go to school, join a fraternity or sorority, whats your degree in? whats your trade/ skill set?

Im a senior at UC Davis studying computer science engineering (programming nerd) and im a Sigma Chi.
I jump nearly year round and during the summer I work as a TI at my local DZ.
Jump more, Bitch less.

Software engineering or whatever other technical work looked interesting for the past couple decades. Degree, well, I was sick of college after a year and decided to get a job for a while. I really did intend to go back and finish it off, but not having one didn't seem to slow me down all that much. After the first decade, employers stopped asking about it so much.

I have a few libraries up on github if you're curious. I don't often have anything interesting to write code for, though I'm currently considering writing a jmeter plugin to allow TCL-like expect/send functionality across ssh channels. It wouldn't be terribly difficult, though it's not really what jmeter's supposed to be for.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Degree in Biology, with majors in Marine Science and Environmental management
Post Grad quals in Education

Working as a high school teacher, with "At Risk" kids
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I own a couple used car lots, and I am finishing a finance degree up while working as a loan officer for a mortgage firm.

I want to be a trophy husband!! How did you guys get that gig?!

This is a good thread, as a new skydiver I have been wondering how people scratch the coin up for it....its not the cheapest of hobbies.

I'm a retired rocket scientist; now I volunteer at a homeless shelter. Here is a link to a whole lot of other people's jobs.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Plain and simple: I screw up people's records for the military:P:P
ok ok I do the opposite but hey there are day's when I'm tempted to do exactly that

You inflate service member's records? :o:o:o

:P

inflate???? are you kidding me I would be happy to just have a few of them have to get a colonoscopy:P
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

What ever she she tells me to do.

What day did that happen? :P

The day he sold the Harley.[:/]

Once I realized that skydiving was IT. I sold mine. I nearly shed a tear when the guy rode it away....but I can easily say it was a smart decision. I just hope the guy whos wife commanded him to sell it let him use the money to jump out of planes!

Some say I'm a professional asshole.

Me, I say I'm just trying to raise a family and enjoy some hobbies on the side along the way. You know me, I like to dabble in a hobby for just a bit and move on or something.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm a retired rocket scientist;

Wendy P.

Were you by any chance, in the movie Moving Violations? :D:D:D

As for me, 2D/3D CAD Design/Drafter for a machine shop with a degree in Architectural Technologies. Worked for Architects for a decade, then a pipe manufacturer for 5 years, then went unemployed for 7 years. [:/] Back on the job since last November in a completely different field, but one that I really enjoy. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

'Pilot Maintenance'

~ I didn't realize it was as interesting of a career as it's turned out to be.

Can be very demanding & stressful at times, but the benefits are off the chart!

I have B.S. degrees in Journalism & Marketing from Southern Illinois.
I was a middle management flunky at an Aerospace manufacturing plant in San Diego for 18 years.
I use to flip houses for several years before the economy went south.
I was a professional body guard for a couple years, a bouncer in a high end strip club, a repo-man, a skip-trace investigator for a couple of bail bonds companies, a scuba divin' hull crud cleaner, a cook on a tuna boat, worked as a fuse inspector in a bomb making plant, a rock hanger (drywall), limo driver, a machinist for a hydro-transmission manufacturer...and for three whole days actually ran the machine that stuffs the cotton into aspirin bottles! B| ~Had to quit, THAT job gave me a headache!!

Oh yeah...I've made a few demo jumps here & there too. :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~