jf951

Whats your "Real" Job?

In real life I'm a Developmental Cognitive Neuroscientist. What the heck is that, you ask? I do research in brain development. I also teach research methods to undergrads.
reply]

:S I still don't know what you do. :|

:D:D:D

Sometimes I don't even know what I do.:)
The very condensed version is this. I put people (mostly kids) in an fMRI, have them do some type of task, scan their brain, and see what part of the brain is active. I look at how the brain changes over time throughout childhood to determine the developmental trajectory to achieve adult functionality. It's more complicated than that, but essentially that's what I do.

And if you see no progress toward 'adult functionality', you introduce them to skydiving?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

BA in International Relations, MBA with a health care management focus.

I'm currently an internal consultant and manage a small team of consultants for a very large not-for-profit organization in the health industry. I herd cats and solve problems. B|

No interest in working in the industry, either part-time or full-time at this point in my life. I do have a coach rating, but I do that more for fun, not for the pay or the free jumps.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I work in the non-jumping industry side of skydiving. I do office work for Flight-1. My job rocks! B| I get to work on a DZ all day but still have work when the weather is crap.

I have a degree in Biology but never really wanted to use it. So it just kinda sits there & occasionally makes me seem smart.

I also am working on my application to become a trophy wife. Though I haven't found where to submit that yet...

Party planner!

Work at the Ewe of Eh as a Conference Services Supervisor. Get to plan events and conferences. Work with the most AMAZING people all day. I LOVE my job! :)
And I get to retire with full pension in a mere 8 years! Did I mention that I love my job!! :)

'Shell

Currently a full-time carer for my wife who's disabled. I also pick up a bit of extra money making custom fit corsets (£100 - £200 each).

In my time I've done several jobs including working on a market stall, silver service waiter, sous chef, concert and sporting event steward, HM Inland Revenue (IRS), soldier (reservist and regular), traffic manager for a haulage firm and stock controller.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Full time entertainer on DZ.com.

with a major in teaching folk how to be loved and popular on internet forums!!

Moonlight as promotions Officer for skyhook for Bill Booth.

You forgot to add wanker to your full time profession.
:D
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Recently divorced & newly relocated 300 miles from home, to the total unknown with my LPN school credentials of 2 years, a resume, a back pack & my Harley....literally ... I stated working full time days in Nursing, bartending by night to supplememt my income.
Within a short time I met my now husband; a then, & current instructor.
I'm starting my 7th season as a full time dz staff packer & current jumper Apr.- Nov.,still nursing the remainder of the year.
Past live's:
Degrees or Certifications:
Early Childhood Education-development & psychology
Accounting
Real Estate License
Skilled Trades Certification

Employment:
25 yr. veteran USPS - retired, commingled with 18 years as a pro. drywall hanging / finishing biz.

I started babysittig for $ when I was 12, & been working since I was 16:
a car hop, wrapped deer meat in a packing plant after school, produce clerk & deli/ bakery mgr. in a grocery store, in home daycare,& a bartender on/ off 38 yrs.
Guess it took awhile to find my niche & good fit ;)
---------------------------------------------------------
To SKYDIVERBRY:

"Flight Medic/Respiratory Therapist."

"Right now though I'm a non working full time gimp"
------------------------------------------------------------
people in your employment capacity are truly my heros..
a flight medic crew & pulmonary & respiratory personnel revived my grandson who was clinically unresponsive w/ no vitals for 4 minutes, a few years ago !
It is why I went to Nursing school when I was 48 !
To this date when I see med flight or am intoduced to any med flight personnel, I am overwhelmed !
Thank you, thank you, thank you ...you are all angels:)

as a kid sold herbal products =),
worked at kmart, toys r us, worked at a call center, worked for a collection agency, a job placement firm, data entry, golf course, tech support for an ISP,

then went to culinary school and started cooking for a living, started skydiving, realized i couldnt afford to skydive as a cook,

joined the coast guard as an electricians mate, and have 1 year left on my active duty obligation, then im trying to get hired with one of the major power companies in the pacific northwest into an electrical apprenticeship program.........working on online college courses right now and i have the GI bill to get a degree if i choose to.

ive worked all kinds of weird jobs =)
gravity brings me down.........

It's okay. I have this education money to spend. I've been working with international law, conventions and agreements for most of my military career, so I thought I'd use that education money to delve deeper into it. I may use it afterward, may not. It should be fun to study, though. If I use that education, it would be advising and interpretation of international conventions/agreements, law of the sea, that kind of stuff.

There would be no "they". I'll only use it if I want to! :)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Leader of Marines and Diplomat.

BS -- Medical Physics
MA -- National Security (Intl Studies)

Next degree to be a JD (hopefully)

what's a "JD" I dont think we have them here?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Trophy Husband

Your kind is tougher to find that some might think. Thought I might have found one for myself a couple of times, but alas, no. [:/]

Wait! There are women who actually WANT a trophy husband? Where do I apply?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.