davjohns

Beakfast!

Personally, I love breakfast. Sometimes, I fix breakfast items like eggs for dinner.

I was surprised to find it is so much different in Europe. My French buddy tells me a proper Frenchman has a croissant and black coffee. My English buddy described the versions of a 'Full English' breakfast to me. I experienced it firsthand last weekend. Egg, has browns, sausage, bacon (looked like ham to me), mushrooms, beans and toast. Some areas have variations that might include black pudding.

I'm used to a Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast. There are lots of different things you COULD have, of course.

What's the tradition in your neck of the woods?

Breakfast tacos!

Give me two migas tacos on homemade flour tortillas and I'm in heaven. The places I like have home made salsa, home made tortillas and a wait staff that speak little or no English.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Breakfast tacos!

Give me two migas tacos on homemade flour tortillas and I'm in heaven. The places I like have home made salsa, home made tortillas and a wait staff that speak little or no English.

Taco Cabana does a right-good job!

I do miss the Desert Southwest!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Personally, I love breakfast. Sometimes, I fix breakfast items like eggs for dinner.

I was surprised to find it is so much different in Europe. My French buddy tells me a proper Frenchman has a croissant and black coffee. My English buddy described the versions of a 'Full English' breakfast to me. I experienced it firsthand last weekend. Egg, has browns, sausage, bacon (looked like ham to me), mushrooms, beans and toast. Some areas have variations that might include black pudding.

I'm used to a Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast. There are lots of different things you COULD have, of course.

What's the tradition in your neck of the woods?

Breakfast tacos!

I would just like to know how they get the tortillas round. I can make then and I love homemade tortillas i just can't get them to turn out round. UGH
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Ok I'll admit. I went through about 2 weeks where I just had to have Cinnamon Bears and Coffee...

:S
[runs to the bathroom]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I would just like to know how they get the tortillas round. I can make then and I love homemade tortillas i just can't get them to turn out round. UGH

Corn tortillas are easiest with a press, flour tortillas require a little flippity-flop in the hands.

Practice is key.

I know a woman ( in her 80s) who started when she was 3 or 4. She had the best tortillas, EVER! :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I've become partial to the traditional Welsh Breakfast but there's only a few places locally that do it well.

Dry Cure thick cut bacon
Pork and Leek sausage
Eggs
Fried bread
Penclawdd cockles
Laver bread and oatmeal cake
smoked sea trout
Fried mushrooms
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

I've become partial to the traditional Welsh Breakfast but there's only a few places locally that do it well.

Dry Cure thick cut bacon
Pork and Leek sausage
Eggs
Fried bread
Penclawdd cockles
smoked sea trout
Fried mushrooms

OK, NOW I'm hungry. Shame its nearly midnight and I have about 8 hours till breakfast
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast.

Vinny: "You use instant grits?"
Witness: "No respectful self-respectin' southerner gentleman would have breakfast without properly cooked uses instant grits." ~My Cousin Vinny

:D

FIFY!
;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast.

Vinny: "You use instant grits?"
Witness: "No respectful self-respectin' southerner gentleman would have breakfast without properly cooked uses instant grits." ~My Cousin Vinny

:D

FIFY!
;)

THAT'S IT!!
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Dry Cure thick cut bacon
Pork and Leek sausage
Eggs
Fried bread
Penclawdd cockles
smoked sea trout
Fried mushrooms

All at one sitting? :o
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Only after the 3rd time I saw the thread title did I notice that there is a typo in it. Sneaky.

I opened the thread expecting a discussion of what to feed your pet birds first thing in the morning.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Taco Cabana does a right-good job!

I do miss the Desert Southwest!

Taco Cabana is CRAP, it isn't even real mexican food. I'm talking about REAL family run hole-in-the-wall joints.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."