davjohns

Beakfast!

Personally, I love breakfast. Sometimes, I fix breakfast items like eggs for dinner.

I was surprised to find it is so much different in Europe. My French buddy tells me a proper Frenchman has a croissant and black coffee. My English buddy described the versions of a 'Full English' breakfast to me. I experienced it firsthand last weekend. Egg, has browns, sausage, bacon (looked like ham to me), mushrooms, beans and toast. Some areas have variations that might include black pudding.

I'm used to a Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast. There are lots of different things you COULD have, of course.

What's the tradition in your neck of the woods?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast.

"No respectful southern gentleman would have breakfast without properly cooked grits." ~My Cousin Vinny

:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Yogurt with nuts, wheat germ, and berries; juice, and either pancakes, cereal, muffins, oatmeal, or eggs (weekends get the more elaborate preparations).

My husband and I make it together, and either visit or read the paper while we eat it. It's a great start to the day.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

In my neck of the woods... anything with MEAT! Bacon, ham, sausage, steak... plus eggs and a healthy dose of carbs - usually in the form of fried potatoes!

Mmmmm - heart attack on a plate! :D

Throw a large Mountain Dew in there and you've got the perfect breakfast!

Nearly every day for 7 years I had a breakfast burrito at the IBM cafeteria at their site here. This typically consisted of eggs, potatoes, tomatoes and green chili, wrapped in a flour tortilla and covered with more green chili. I never got tired of them and still miss them. Even when I try to make one, it never comes out the same. I've recently had a suggestion to get my flour tortillas from a tortilla factory, though. So I'll just have to find one, whip up another batch of green chili and try again!

Usually I just get a poppy seed roll and some coffee.

The hotel I stayed at in Romania put up quite a spread for breakfast. I don't know if it was Romanian breakfast items or what they thought western folk would like for breakfast, but it was very nice. They'd have a big bowl of yogurt, various kinds of cereal (but no milk, I gathered they expected you to use the yogurt,) some very salty cheese, and some fruit and vegetables. It actually seemed like pretty healthy fare, too. I kind of liked it.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

When I make the time to fix breakfast, it's usually 2 or 3 eggs over medium, bacon and cinnamon toast. Otherwise its a bowl of cereal and milk, or a banana, or fig newtons if I stop at a store on the way to work... And almost always with a can of Mountain Dew or Mello Yello, depending on which brand is on sale at Winn Dixie. :P

Looking at the title, I had the image of you eating beaks for breakfast... :S:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Personally, I love breakfast. Sometimes, I fix breakfast items like eggs for dinner.

I was surprised to find it is so much different in Europe. My French buddy tells me a proper Frenchman has a croissant and black coffee. My English buddy described the versions of a 'Full English' breakfast to me. I experienced it firsthand last weekend. Egg, has browns, sausage, bacon (looked like ham to me), mushrooms, beans and toast. Some areas have variations that might include black pudding.

I'm used to a Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast. There are lots of different things you COULD have, of course.

It is just not a proper breakfast without some dead bird and hog parts... But if you need some fried whale.. head to Japan.

I don't like to eat first thing in the morning, so I usually don't eat breakfast, but I do love brunch.

Things like huevos rancheros, or machaca and eggs, or any food I can go Christmas on (both red and green chile). Cheddar-cilantro waffles with red chile pork are as tasty as it gets!

Yum! :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Lately weekend breakfasts have consisted of homemade blueberry pancakes (with fresh blueberries) and including some or all of eggs, fried potatoes, and bacon. Just started making the blueberry pancakes and have gotten into the groove.

On weekdays things are much simpler faster.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

For me, breakfast always has protein (meat & eggs) and often has veggies - I make scrambles with homemade pork sausage, tons of veggies, and eggs - it's a way for me to get more veggies in my day. I'll often have a bit of fruit, too.

No bread/bagels/muffins/croissants or anything of the like (at least not on an ordinary day - the very occasional - like twice a year - indulgence is different). No cereal. Preferably nothing processed. Bleh.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Depends. At home, it's a good solid meal. Scrambled eggs with "stuff" in them. Mushrooms, onions, meat of some sort (ham or salami or pepperoni). Either toast or an English muffin, 1/4 canteloupe, glass of V-8 and coffee.

On the road, it's usually 3 breakfast bars, a bananna or an orange, can of V-8 (the 11oz one, same as a soda, not the little one) and a mug of coffee. I keep the coffee to one on the road, instead of the pot that I have at home to keep the need to stop to a minimum.

I still remember the old Bill Cosby commercials about "running out of gas" commercials.
I can't function without a good breakfast.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Usually a little greek yogurt with fresh blueberries, one egg and a piece of toast and a little bit of peanut butter.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Full pot of coffee & 1/2 a pack of cigarettes is my usual morning...today though found 1/2 a box of Girl Scout cookies & some string cheese in the fridge! B|[/reply.
No cigarettes, and almost the whole box of cookies. Its girl scout cookie season!!

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Full pot of coffee & 1/2 a pack of cigarettes is my usual morning...today though found 1/2 a box of Girl Scout cookies & some string cheese in the fridge! B|[/reply.
No cigarettes, and almost the whole box of cookies. Its girl scout cookie season!!

Is it?

I think mine were from last year. :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Biscuits and gravy when I can find a place that makes them. Oh and add sausage to that or bacon or ham. mmmmm French toast is good too! Oh wait pancakes, gotta have pancakes!! Now I'm hungry:P

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

mmmmm French toast is good too! Oh wait pancakes, gotta have pancakes!! Now I'm hungry:P

On the rare occasions that I opt for something sweet, there's nothing better than a Dutch Baby. You have to have genuine maple syrup, though, none of that high-fructose corn crap!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Southern breakfast that is usually bacon, eggs, and toast.

"No respectful southern gentleman would have breakfast without properly cooked grits." ~My Cousin Vinny

:D

Wow! Thanks. Not sure how I missed grits.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.