Jurassic

dropzone ads

at first i didn't notice, but as i come more often to dropzone site, i can't escape this stupid ad about "57 year old looks 35" and woman all painted in some red #%£$! scares me every time :P so my question- does this ad shows only for my ip address or does it shows to everybody? and more importait - what is the rationale to advertise some facial cosmetics on dropzone site??? :S

I get that one, too.

Of course, I've been in Prague the last two months, so I also get ones in Czech, which really do me no good at all.

My question: why for those types of ads do they use some ugly as hell person to advertise a product that's supposedly designed to make you look good?

This site has ads?

It's like finding out people still live in caves, isn't it?

Who still chooses to look at the internet against a backdrop of one mom's secret recipe for whitening a penis extension?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

This site has ads?

It's like finding out people still live in caves, isn't it?

Who still chooses to look at the internet against a backdrop of one mom's secret recipe for whitening a penis extension?

Some of us don't pay for premier membership and leave the ads on to help generate a little revenue. I even click through on a few every now and then,
There's a pretty good t-shirt company that pops up every so often.

And of course, after viewing the ad for the "Anti-chafing pads" in BV's Sick & Twisted thread, I saw those ads for over a week.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

WAIT!!!!! WHAT???????????
Holy Crap I'm reading a thread and then dang. I actually had to read that reply twice because I didn't think I read it right the first time
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I found dvor.com from the ads here. To bad they don't get a commission as I have spent a small fortune there all ready! Oh and if your not a member drop me a line it is an invite site and you get $10 credit if someone signs up and buys something :) might as well help a brother out right :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Some of us don't pay for premier membership and leave the ads on to help generate a little revenue.

Thanks for that. Few people realize that ads aren't merely annoying things that plaster your screen. They're also what keep websites able to operate. And also don't see all the behind the scenes costs involved with running websites (especially of this size).

We try our best to provide you with the best user experience possible, but at the same time- to develop new templates, to fix bugs etc, it requires $.

We also try to provide as much of a free service as possible, instead of charging for all classifieds use, we would rather make that free and put up a few ads.

For those who haven't blocked ads... You'd also notice if you've been a long time user that it's no longer a case of being spammed by google ads. Sure, there are some included. But we've been working hard to provide you with relevant skydive related ads, and continue to try and do so.

Even though I personally have adblock installed on my devices, in the office and at home- I only disable it for large revenue sites like facebook, that I know can operate regardless of ad clicks. Otherwise, if I am feeling like I'm being provided with something I enjoy without paying for it, will gladly help them out by keeping ads up.

at first i didn't notice, but as i come more often to dropzone site, i can't escape this stupid ad about "57 year old looks 35" and woman all painted in some red #%£$! scares me every time :P so my question- does this ad shows only for my ip address or does it shows to everybody? and more importait - what is the rationale to advertise some facial cosmetics on dropzone site??? :S

its profiling you

With regards to your post.

We have google ads which run on the site. These ads are the same as you see on 99% of websites online, they're generic ads that google serves. We personally don't collect any data for that.

It will show to others too though, they are typically shown to a broad audience. In fact, I see them too... But shhh, don't tell the dermatologist.

i can deal with the ads here, at least they don't insert ads into posts like some forums do. what i can't stand is that the spam filter doesn't work. i have specifically blocked several different email addresses several times and get hundreds of emails from the same person. but then, you cna't really bitch too much about a free service.
http://kitswv.com

And you know, typically I don't mind them and will even click on ones that interest me. By default I run noscript and flashblock, which usually keeps things from getting too annoying. Some ad managed to turn my sound on despite this, a while back, and I dropped adblock on my browser because of it. But this is a "nuclear" option that I prefer not to use if I can avoid it.

There have been a couple of sites where I support the ads. Google's text-only ads have always been unobtrusive, and most likely to get a response from me. Penny Arcade only runs ads for products they like. I seem to recall Tycho even posting an apology to his readers for one of the ads they'd allowed to run, a while back. They ran a kickstarter campaign to remove the ads from their site, and it did pretty well,. but I never minded their ads in the first place.

Slashdot mostly ever ran ads for Thinkgeek, but I bought a couple things through them. I'd go look at the ones on Penny Arcade from time to time, but up until recently I ran Linux and MacOS and most of the games they advertised wouldn't work on my system.

By the way, what's with gaming sites wanting to know your birthday to even look at their site, these days? Asking me my birthday is a good way to get me to click off your site. I won't even bother to lie, I'll just leave.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

ok I don't mind the ads that show up here at all!!
Especially the one that shows up for Scotland mmmhhhmm yup guys in kilts, hhhhhmm that could prove interesting:P:P:P

Believe me I tried.

You, miss Baptist, are slowly being assimilated and corrupted! :P

Dude, she has drunk the kool-aid and gone back for seconds.

:D:D:D:D
I don't like kool-aid, could it be Smirnoff's instead?
Believe me I tried.