kallend

Whitesmoke

Nothing to do with selecting a pope.

Several of my PCs have become "infected" with this toolbar/search engine.

I say "infected" because it was installed without my knowledge by some other software (not sure which). It seems benign and it's easy to remove. I just object to having stuff put on my PCs without first being asked.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Whenever you install any non-OSS 'free' software you really ought to read the license. Nowadays pretty much all the 'free' software contains this garbage bundled in them.

Every time I download an update to a software that I have, I see the option to also install a toolbar and I ALWAYS check it off so that it doesn't get installed. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And then when you uninstall the unwanted software, it doesn't do a complete uninstall, and you end up with non-functional fragments hanging around to bug you.

Grinds my shorts
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

always do a custom install, not the express(recommended). if you did this, you said yes to the toolbar because you didn't take the check out of the box, because you didn't see the box. in other words, you had the option not to install it, you just passed it by because you didn't see it.
http://kitswv.com

Whenever you install any non-OSS 'free' software you really ought to read the license.

So who reads 55 pages of legalese?

Same as those who do gear checks.

Spoken like a lawyer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.