ryoder

New Zealand's nightmare is over

Quote: "Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing... the product is a sticky, dark brown food paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, which is extremely salty."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite

Sounds yucky, except for the relationship to beer!

I have a jar in the frig right now.
It smells/tastes like there was a horrible fire in the Guinness plant, and they extinguished it with sea water.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Quote: "Marmite is made from yeast extract, a by-product of beer brewing... the product is a sticky, dark brown food paste with a distinctive, powerful flavour, which is extremely salty."

It smells/tastes like there was a horrible fire in the Guinness plant, and they extinguished it with sea water.

Maybe, but it still tastes better than Bud Lite.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ok. If I connect the dots (including 'Twardo's post), Whale piss tastes better than Bud Lite.

Sounds about right.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Ok. If I connect the dots (including 'Twardo's post), Whale piss tastes better than Bud Lite.

Sounds about right.

And we need Twardo to tell the story about the whale piss.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Light beer has a taste?

I'm a fan, although as Nigel said the trick is to spread it thin.

Their ad campaigns over the years have been genius - I can't think of another product that's been marketed on the basis that a lot of people can't stand it.

This was my favourite TV ad :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzeOPTkod4k

You americans have got no taste! Marmite is good just don't ea.t it out the jar. A THIN layer on toast with cheese is great:)

VEGEMITE, cheese and a poached egg on toast B|B|B|, BREAKFAST B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You americans have got no taste

Considering it's only you Poms and Skippies that like the shit, maybe the taste issue in on your side :P

It's an acquired taste, like the mincemeat that my dad and I like. I've never tried marmite and from the description, I might try it once.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Considering it's only you Poms and Skippies that like the shit, maybe the taste issue in on your side :P

It's an acquired taste, like the mincemeat that my dad and I like. I've never tried marmite and from the description, I might try it once.

The worst part of the marmite is that it tastes like salt is the principle ingredient. Remove that crap and it might be palatable. It shares the same problem as anchovies.

The worst part of the marmite is that it tastes like salt is the principle ingredient. Remove that crap and it might be palatable. It shares the same problem as anchovies.

I can imagine, which is why it's best consumed with other ingredients like a hors d'ouvre or toast with cheese or whatever shit those bloody down-unders eat with... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban