Nataly

Disgusting food...

I just sat on the couch last night with Vskydiver and our youngest daughter and watched "Forks Over Knives"

My wife watched "Forks over Knives" 13 months ago and has not had any meat since. I refuse to watch it, cause I like meat too much to give it up completely, but I like the fact that since the primary cook is now vegetarian, I eat a lot less meat than I used to.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

Too crunchy..... big grasshoppers are even worse... you get leg bits stuck in your teeth

Cicadas are good.:)
http://suite101.com/article/how-to-cook-cicadas-a56959
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

just sat on the couch last night with Vskydiver and our youngest daughter and watched "Forks Over Knives", a discussion of diet vs. health

So you're saying they held an intervention :)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Stuff that has contact with air and does not spoil I would not eat.

like honey ?

:$

name one more?

I think I need a disclaimer. When we are generalizing we obviously are talking about everything other then the rare exceptions. I think I’ll make that my sig.

and i love honey
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

So you won't eat olive oil?
I'm still using a 3L jug I bought several years ago.
You don't put in in the frig because that only makes it cloudy, and at room temps it won't spoil anyway.

I hate you guys:P

So you won't eat olive oil?
I'm still using a 3L jug I bought several years ago.
You don't put in in the frig because that only makes it cloudy, and at room temps it won't spoil anyway.

I hate you guys:P

Do you eat kosher.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Living in the philippines as a teen, my Dad decided to prank me by throwing a cicada at me in the dining room. All I saw was a big green and red thing screeching like a smoke alarm, I ducked and said "Whoa! What the..."

Then I examined the bug and thought "Wow, this thing is cool!" Never did it occur to me to EAT the thing. So far as I'm concerned, if its a bug, it ain't food.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

So far as I'm concerned, if its a bug, it ain't food.
-B

unless you are really really hungry ;)

Or really really drunk.

So far as I'm concerned, if its a bug, it ain't food.
-B

unless you are really really hungry ;)

Or really really drunk.

Or soooo fucking poor that a bunch of your friends will chip in money to watch you eat a bunch of live roaches and make you earn it.

Thankfully I never did that, but teammates of mine on the RIT track and field team that went down to Florida for spring break training in the late 80's did it. Put a little salt on it and put it in his mouth and bite down on it and watch his cheeks instantly expand as if the roach exploded. :D:D:D

Then there's the guy who entered some kind of contest trying to win money by eating as many roaches as possible, and choking to death on bits of roach legs that got stuck in his throat last year. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I just sat on the couch last night with Vskydiver and our youngest daughter and watched "Forks Over Knives", a discussion of diet vs. health. Although there are some holes in the science, it does have me re-thinking my diet some.

My daughter did the same thing and we are now looking at eliminating meat. However, I think I am going to have to keep my eggs.

What holes did you see in the science?

like honey ?

name one more?

I think I need a disclaimer. When we are generalizing we obviously are talking about everything other then the rare exceptions. I think I’ll make that my sig.

and i love honey

fruit cake

like honey ?

name one more?

and i love honey

fruit cake

NO ONE eats fruitcake. B|

We just regift it. ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

like honey ?

name one more?

and i love honey

fruit cake

That’s not food that is a weapon!

like honey ?

name one more?

and i love honey

fruit cake

That’s not food that is a weapon!

After its been regifted 2 or 3 years it gets hard as a brick. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban