Squeak

Games for travellers

So Im taking a deck of cards and Bananagrams
Any other suggestions,
must be SMALL Light, Durable, and re-playable:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Balderdash. All you need are the cards. It's about bluffing, and not cultural or vocabulary knowledge. We have members of the family who don't share cultural background, and it's one of the games that we can all play together on equal footing.

There are various versions, some that are just words, some that include bluffing about cultural or historical knowledge. I haven't played the second kind.

You just have to promise not to cheat by memorizing the correct answers. You could also make your own version up by making up slips with lots of archaic words -- the word on one side, the definition on the other.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Scrabble, but the smallest travel versions might not be small enough for what you want.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Scrabble, but the smallest travel versions might not be small enough for what you want.

That's why I take banagrams, as a scrabble substitute
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I got the impression that you were doing some driving while you are here (?)

If so, there is a fun game to play in the car. mrowc6, the kids, and I played this on our many trips across the U.S.

It's called "Yap, Zip, Zap, Zug."

Cows are Zips, Horses are Zaps, For example: if you see a cow, you call out "Zip," if you see a horse, you call out "Zap."

For us, It started out with the basic two. It morphed into a much more fun game with the basic rule that the object had to end in a "p."

Jeeps "Jap"
any yellow car "Yap"
any muscle car "Soup"
Hot air balloons "Pop"
Classic car "Clap"
A Mustang (for obvious reasons) "Zap"
A PT Cruiser "Peep"
A VW Bug "Zug" (the exception to the rule)
Sheep "ships"
Llama "Lap"

If you see any of the above that fill more than category you call out all of them. This usually only happens with cars. For example, if you see an old, yellow mustang, you could call out "Yap, Soup, Zap." :D

I'm sure that for a few years, if someone had been listening to the conversations in our cars while our kids were in them, they would have wondered what code we were talking in, because it was a game that was so addicting , that we never stopped. :$

It wash't that long ago, the local small business called Zip Cleaners acquired a yellow V-Dub bug. It, of course, was instantly,

"Yap, Zip, Zug." :ph34r:

:D

eta: I forgot about the piece of shit ca,r that looks like it's on it's last leg: "Crap"

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Im referring to my Year END trip not the trip to Eloy in 2 weeks.
The year end trip is a minimum of 6 months Back packing in Central and South America. Most likely a lot of Busses and a few airport layovers.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Count cows.

You take one side of the road, Competitor the other. Most cows wins.

Parents came up with that as a means for keeping me and my brother from arguing. Didn't work..."You counted 100 cows and there was only 50 there.
Was not
Was too
Was not
*sigh*
:D:D:D

I forgot to say if there are more than twenty of any object, it falls into the " 'all" so that would be "Zip all!" :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Catch phrase? It'll encourage you to make friends while you wait. Bonus points: you'll absolutely irritate everyone else who didn't become your new friend.

Squeak irritating people? Say it ain't so.:D
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Catch phrase? It'll encourage you to make friends while you wait. Bonus points: you'll absolutely irritate everyone else who didn't become your new friend.

Squeak irritating people? Say it ain't so.:D
I only irritate idiots:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?