ryoder

RIP - Roger Ebert

I have to ask.... did Roger have plastic surgery at some point that fucked up his face? Dude looked NOTHING like I remember him when his movie review show was on TV years ago.

It really looked like a horrible job... like a Mickey Rourke or Sylvester Stallone but worse. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have to ask.... did Roger have plastic surgery at some point that fucked up his face? Dude looked NOTHING like I remember him when his movie review show was on TV years ago.

It really looked like a horrible job... like a Mickey Rourke or Sylvester Stallone but worse. :S

Cancer of the mouth and throat: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ebert#Health
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I was particularly struck by this quote of his when I read news of his passing

-----------------------

Regarding his death one day, he wrote:

I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same state. What I am grateful for is the gift of intelligence, and for life, love, wonder, and laughter. You can't say it wasn't interesting. My lifetime's memories are what I have brought home from the trip. I will require them for eternity no more than that little souvenir of the Eiffel Tower I brought home from Paris.

--------------------------------

In the event that I am aware and lucid as my end approaches, I hope I can face the end with such dignity and perspective

RIP Roger. Seems like you lived life well . .

He battled cancer for many years and was only able to talk through a computerized program. [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Are you fucking shitting me?
:|

He had some legendary insults over the years as a film critic.

Think of a politically correct Gilbert Gottfried.

I like the "Brown Bunny" review, but I'm shocked that he hated "The Usual Suspects":
http://mentalfloss.com/article/49913/10-movies-roger-ebert-really-hated
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He battled cancer for many years and was only able to talk through a computerized program. [:/]

I'd noticed he had cancer but didn't really look into what kind.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you fucking shitting me?
:|

U cant make this up! :)
luv u billy! :ph34r:
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!