JulianC

Skydiving footwear!?

You're showing your age, Wendy

Ah, but I do it with style :ph34r:

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

you didn't turf-surf

You're showing your age, Wendy :P

Next thing, you'll say that swooping is what you do to get down to a formation.:P;)

And a hook-turn is what ya did at 50 feet NOT to get hurt! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

you didn't turf-surf

Next thing, you'll say that swooping is what you do to get down to a formation.:P;)

I'll bet you still remember F-111

Gone fishing

you didn't turf-surf

Well, I do! My first canopy, a Falcon, was F-111 :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

you didn't turf-surf

Well, I do! My first canopy, a Falcon, was F-111 :P

ummm...think you mean F1-11 :P

The Tevas, yeah, we wore those to tropical boogies a few times, no injuries but realized your toes are really hanging out there. We switched to closed toe river sandals for our jumping-in-paradise shoes. ;)

The best jump shoes I ever used were "water shoes", (e.g. Teva Gamma), which were much like river sandals, but looked more like an athletic shoe. Lots of mesh panels for ventilation, a fairly smooth sole, and absolutely no snag points.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

you didn't turf-surf

No way, Swoop was a guy in a movie...

:o
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

you didn't turf-surf

No way, Swoop was a guy in a movie...

:o

Yeah, and you had to be cool just to be able to talk to him! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Skateboard shoes. They're sturdy and slide pretty well when I'm turf surfing. :)

- Yeah, their flat thick soles definitely seems to be the main appeal of skate shoes for most people.

I used to have a custom made pair of Etnies that were black with camo accents and "SWOOP" was embroidered on the side.

- that sounds awesome! Did you have them made just as a one-off or as a batch for a team or something?

It's interesting that skate shoe brands have never specifically associated themselves with skydiving even though lots of jumpers use them. I wonder if people would be interested in them doing that?

It's interesting that skate shoe brands have never specifically associated themselves with skydiving even though lots of jumpers use them. I wonder if people would be interested in them doing that?

The sky market for skate shoes would not equate to anything worth their time or effort.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Skateboard shoes. They're sturdy and slide pretty well when I'm turf surfing. :)

- Yeah, their flat thick soles definitely seems to be the main appeal of skate shoes for most people.

I used to have a custom made pair of Etnies that were black with camo accents and "SWOOP" was embroidered on the side.

- that sounds awesome! Did you have them made just as a one-off or as a batch for a team or something?

They were one offs. I don't know if you still can, but you used to be able to order custom made shoes on Etnies' website with custom embroidery.

I do! B|:$

I was googling for those but couldn't find 'em. I did find some lower top Adidas for "skydiving". One of my jumpmasters used to wear those. :)

I knew just one guy (Dick Higley), who had a red pair.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The sky market for skate shoes would not equate to anything worth their time or effort.

I approached Etnies back in 2008-ish about that very idea and they basically said that it wasn't worth their time. Much like the same reasons why skydiving was a flash in the pan for the X-Games. 10 year olds can't buy skydives or skydiving gear.

I was googling for those but couldn't find 'em. I did find some lower top Adidas for "skydiving". One of my jumpmasters used to wear those. :)

I knew just one guy (Dick Higley), who had a red pair.

I had a pair of Adidas boxing shoes in the late 70s that looked identical to those, except mine were blue with red stripes. I wore them all through student status and until I starting jumping my own canopy (Piglet II).

They worked quite well, and were very comfortable. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I have a pair of the black all leather ones...like new! B|

Crud, those are ugly.
Now, maybe with a heel and a different color,not so tall on the ankle,take away the laces,do a little redesigning and then maybe you would have a nice shoe.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Crud, those are ugly.
Now, maybe with a heel and a different color,not so tall on the ankle,take away the laces,do a little redesigning and then maybe you would have a nice shoe.

SOME of US weigh more than a popcorn fart...the 'tall ankle' is why we're still walkin' with no hitch in the git-along! :P