JulianC

Skydiving footwear!?

SOME of US weigh more than a popcorn fart...the 'tall ankle' is why we're still walkin' with no hitch in the git-along! :P

Thanks for 'splainin' that to her.

BTW, isn't she on crutches right now? Maybe she should have been wearing some of them there "ugly boots". :D

Would have been a better choice than the high heels she had on. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

SOME of US weigh more than a popcorn fart...the 'tall ankle' is why we're still walkin' with no hitch in the git-along! :P

BTW, isn't she on crutches right now? Maybe she should have been wearing some of them there "ugly boots". :D

High Heels have their place...like when the wearer has 'em hooked through a set of hoop ear-ring! :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

High Heels have their place...like when the wearer has 'em hooked through a set of hoop ear-ring! :$

Now, THAT has got to be hard on the ears! :o
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The person you should really ask is Roger Ponce de Leon.

Roger regularly jumps at my home dz and i still have no clue how the hell he walks on the big rocks we have in the waiting area
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I approached Etnies back in 2008-ish about that very idea and they basically said that it wasn't worth their time. Much like the same reasons why skydiving was a flash in the pan for the X-Games. 10 year olds can't buy skydives or skydiving gear.

- I see. Yeah, I guess it's no so surprising with skateboarding being so big now. Unless it'll make them millions what's the point hey.

It's interesting to hear the mix of responses on the survey (and in this thread) so far... some people going for the cheapest things possible, others saying they must have X, Y, Z and match their jump suit! It would be interesting to see if the differences of opinion are linked to different disciplines etc if we get enough responses.

If you have time for the survey, keep the responses coming ;)

I had a pair of Adidas boxing shoes in the late 70s that looked identical to those, except mine were blue with red stripes. I wore them all through student status and until I starting jumping my own canopy (Piglet II).

They worked quite well, and were very comfortable. :)

I had never thought about the similarity until now.
I'll bet the skydiving boots were just their boxing shoes with a different sole.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I had a pair of Adidas boxing shoes in the late 70s that looked identical to those, except mine were blue with red stripes. I wore them all through student status and until I starting jumping my own canopy (Piglet II).

They worked quite well, and were very comfortable. :)

I had never thought about the similarity until now.
I'll bet the skydiving boots were just their boxing shoes with a different sole.

NO.....Boxing shoes are SKYDIVING boots with a different SOUL! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~