dzjunky77

Caravan Dead Stick!

That worked out nicely. Now, why the deadstick?

Engine go kablooie.

Said so in the comment section.

Meh. It happens. The stress on a jumpship engine kind of makes it an eventuality all jump pilots who fly them are subject to. I know one guy it happened to twice in one week.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Saw that recently. Is it "our own" Diver Driver flying, or someone else with the same handle?

Impressive flying & maneuvering to get it on the runway, and the Bob Hoover "roll it to the ramp" for the stop. As to why the approach setup was so bad in the first place, I can't comment without knowing the situation and airport layout. He still got it down without running off the end of the runway, or crashing short, which isn't uncommon when deadsticking a plane in...

That worked out nicely. Now, why the deadstick?

Engine go kablooie.

Said so in the comment section.

Meh. It happens. The stress on a jumpship engine kind of makes it an eventuality all jump pilots who fly them are subject to. I know one guy it happened to twice in one week.

At a little dirt-strip DZ where I made my first 50 or so jumps, the pilot's SOP was to turn off the key when the last jumper left the door. It was amusing to be packing and suddenly have the peace and quiet interrupted by:

"SHHHHHHH!!! SHHHHHHHH!!!"

and look up to see him slipping it, to adjust his glide path on final.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.