JohnMitchell

We met Macklemore and Ryan Lewis today

For those that don't know who Macklemore is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
That's his most famous song at the moment. The first time I saw that video I was a bit taken back, but seriously it grows on you and the song sticks in your head!

Kind of strange;
Yes, it is rap, but it lacks the angry/arrogant/belligerent attitude rap usually has.
He comes across as a likeable guy, instead of a hoodlum.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

He comes across as a likeable guy, instead of a hoodlum.

I had to look him up, too. I agree with the above statement. But, dammit, Dio's Rainbow in the Dark is playing in the background, and it really does make this sound like crap by comparison.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

So you are saying our best strategy is to show up posing as a gun collector?

Tell me you have a couple you want to sell . . . cheap. That'll always get you in the door. ;)

You'all are discounting the daughter :P

I'd bet she knows how to handle herself! :ph34r::ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Tell me you have a couple you want to sell . . . cheap. That'll always get you in the door. ;)

I'm teasing, especially since I know J & V and the daughter in question pretty well. She'll do just fine. Those two have raised some sharp cookies.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm teasing, especially since I know J & V and the daughter in question pretty well. She'll do just fine. Those two have raised some sharp cookies.

i thought I just said that! :P:D:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Well, since you guys didn't post it, I guess I will! B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zNSgSzhBfM&feature=youtu.be

And my son is impressed with you being able to work with him. The hip crowd knows who you're talking about! I still can't understand a word he's singing though. My mature ears don't work that way. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks. It's amazing how much stuff ends up on the cutting room floor. Two hours work, 15 seconds in the video. But Mack and Ryan are two great young men making some really good music. We were glad to help and glad to see them getting the recognition they deserve. B|

I know a guy who spent 12 years working as a Steadicam operator in Hollywood movies. He told me about spending two weeks filming a fight scene in a convenience store that comprised less than a minute in the finished movie.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

All in all, we did it for the memories and they will last forever. Great times on top of the Space Needle. Who gets to do that kind of stuff?! They wanted to pay us but we declined. We were happy to help. The video turned out amazing! I think we are very privileged to have been a small part in it making. :)

All in all, we did it for the memories and they will last forever. Great times on top of the Space Needle. Who gets to do that kind of stuff?! They wanted to pay us but we declined. We were happy to help. The video turned out amazing! I think we are very privileged to have been a small part in it making. :)

You two are such good giving people. :)
You could have given them the option of making a donation to Leap For Lupus... just saying. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban