JohnMitchell

We met Macklemore and Ryan Lewis today

Vskydiver, my daughter and I got to hang out on the roof of the Space Needle today with Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, fresh off their SNL gig this weekend. They were shooting a music video with a skydiving theme and we were there with gear and tech support.

Both are super nice guys, very focused, really into the music and great to work with. I hope their next video is as big of a success as "Thrift Store."B|B|

At any point in my life I don't think I have been referenced as "trendy" or "cool" or even close to being "with it" and I'll have to admit that after your FB post about this I had to google who this was. Well, 20 minutes of youtube videos later, cool stuff.

:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Who?

No, seriously.

Who?

Exactly. I have nooooo fucking idea.... :D

Does the word insular mean anything down there in common usage???:ph34r::ph34r:

If you mean like sheltered, you could say that. I just haven't cared about any new artists since the early 90's. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I listen to all kinds of new stuff, and I've never heard of him.

Granted, rap is not my favorite, so that may have something to do with it. :P

Rap is crap! That's all there is to it. ;)

Well.... MC Hammer was really good at it...

You Cant Touch This
Addams Family (this was one of my favorites)
2 Legit 2 Quit

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

For those that don't know who Macklemore is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
That's his most famous song at the moment. The first time I saw that video I was a bit taken back, but seriously it grows on you and the song sticks in your head!

This is the song we were working on the new music video for today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgjwAZ9TR3U This is their new song and is all about how they started. How they are going it alone without any record label and succeeding through their perseverance. You may not like rap or that sort of music, but these guys are talented artists for what they are doing and achieving.

I also must say. Macklemore (the blonde lead singer) was the most polite, soft spoken, down to earth, nice guy. He was there with his friends and his girl friend today. Not once did I hear him swear or be loud or obnoxious. The working conditions weren't the best. We were up on top of the Space Needle in super cold wind chill factor temperatures. He was wearing the least clothing of anyone and never complained and made the whole experience good for everyone around him. It didn't seem like he was on his best behavior either. It seemed like that was just how he was. I was really impressed with him. It was a really great experience working with him.

Absolutely. He and Ryan and his whole band (group? posse?) are very talented and hard working. I hope this is just the beginning of a long and lucrative career for all of them. B|

I wonder if he got involved with C89.5's programming while he was at Nathan Hale...
They always play good drive music ;)

Not bad stuff for a High school Radio station... that has been on the Ray dideo for about 40 years:)

Absolutely. He and Ryan and his whole band (group? posse?) are very talented and hard working. I hope this is just the beginning of a long and lucrative career for all of them. B|

i must admit M & R are unknown to me..... but i don't get around much...:S

However,,,,,I WILL take your endorsment, as evidence enough, about them..(Him),
and will be watching/listening..

good job.

i must admit M & R are unknown to me..... but i don't get around much...:S

However,,,,,I WILL take your endorsment, as evidence enough, about them..(Him),
and will be watching/listening..

good job.

Yeah me too.. especially the part where there is a picture of the Rapper.. WITH Johns daughter:ph34r::ph34r:

So how many PMs have you received asking if your gorgeous daughter is single? ;)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

so what kind of skydiving support did you do?

i see someone was geared up.. did he jump?

DETAILS PLEASE!!

Macklemore and Lewis are very DIY on all their projects, just starting out and with limited budgets. They wanted the video to look like he's landing a parachute on top of the Space Needle. So we showed up with a black jumpsuit, full face helmets and a couple of rigs and an altimeter. We got him suited up with a main canopy out of the bag and held behind him.

The Space Needle's roof is a concrete pad maybe 30-35 feet across. Then there's an 8 foot across hut structure on top of that, maybe 6-7 feet tall and a three legged aerial on top of that. He was jumping from the hut down to the roof, trailing the lines and risers as he landed. But he didn't actually parachute.

I told him we should get him up in the air this summer. He seemed to like the idea. Very sharp, very athletic, he'd do great, I'm sure. B|

So how many PMs have you received asking if your gorgeous daughter is single? ;)

:D:D None. My gun collection is too well known. :P

So you are saying our best strategy is to show up posing as a gun collector?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.