JerryBaumchen

Engineering is the way to go

Hey Jerry!

AGREED!!!!!

and for a former user here..."except for the engineering chicks" :S:D:D:D

Shah agrees with you somewhat. He complains all the time that the engineering chicks are ugly bitches. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi out there,

Anyone with a child about to start college:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/25/news/economy/engineering-best-paid-jobs/index.html?source=cnn_bin

It was good to me for 30 + years,

Hi Jerry

Being a engineer was ok, but we were able to graduate without debt, thanks to my rich uncle. I don't know if its worth paying the big bucks these days for the privilege of being a engr.

Otoh if I was going to go to the big school for something. I think being a M.D. would be worth the effort. A letter from a M.D. goes a long way:)
FWIW I dont care what the king of kings aka Shah thinks about women engineers:S or women in general. If he was a M.D. the young nurses would
find him irresistible. B|

R.
One Jump Wonder

Chem E would be my choice.

You can't spell geek without a double E.

Pick up any newspaper in any town (that still has one) and someone is looking for an EE.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I thought engineers were the guys that get to drive the trains. I like trains.

http://www.sheldonsfans.com/thumbs/58.gif

You're lucky I don't have the [ban] button available anymore >:(

What, you hate trains? You hate Sheldon? Touchy.

I watched that show once at the urging of a friend, ("Ooh, you'll love it!").
It sucked rocks.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I thought engineers were the guys that get to drive the trains. I like trains.

http://www.sheldonsfans.com/thumbs/58.gif

You're lucky I don't have the [ban] button available anymore >:(

What, you hate trains? You hate Sheldon? Touchy.

I watched that show once at the urging of a friend, ("Ooh, you'll love it!").
It sucked rocks.

My wife got me into it; and I'm not much of a TV watcher these days. I think it's funny as hell, well written and well acted. Helps a lot to know the characters.

I didn't like it at all at first, but because of others watching it a lot while I tried to ignore it, it really grew on me. Sometimes some of the best things aren't appealing at first.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

do you agree that engineers are a born breed?

ive always been good at algebra and decent with natural mechanical aptitude, and i have 36 months of free university education coming at me with my gi bill soon.........but im not sure if a degree in some type of engineering is something im made for...........i did good in all my coast guard electrical theory/ DC and digital circuit classes though.........

thoughts? i REALLY dont want to waste my education, and i want to use it to hopefully get a secure career where i can make a few bucks, nothing spectacular
gravity brings me down.........

Being a engineer was ok, but we were able to graduate without debt, thanks to my rich uncle. I don't know if its worth paying the big bucks these days for the privilege of being a engr.

You don't have to pay "big bucks."

State schools where you live at home with your parents (~ $10K/year tuition) and don't have much fun still offer engineering degrees. It's also still possible to transfer credits in from community colleges ($3K/year) or advanced placement highschool courses (that counted for my freshman year) for much less money ($89/test, with many counting for two 3 hour classes).

Hi Drew ( that is my son's name ).

transfer credits in from community colleges

That is what I did. There were three of us from the same cc who transferred into a 4-yr institution. Then every couple of months, the dean would call the three of us in and inform us that he had to lower the transfer credit hours for this course or that.

That resulted in my carrying 19 hrs my last semester. >:(

JerryBaumchen