promise5

Favorite skydive video?

It's the name of a video made in either the late 70's or the early 80's, that inspired the skydiving scene in the movie Fandango. Here is an old thread about it.

Yeah, I'm old -- I remember it as a first-run video :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

From Wings Came Flight
Norman Kent
still have the VHS tape :)
the First skydiving movie I EVER saw was Pre-VHS...:o
and was shown on a 16 mm projector!!!
Masters of The Sky
by Carl Boenish... and I still have THAT tape as well,,,, which I bought from Jean, a Looong time ago...
That First viewing , had a Life changing effect on me...... a GOOD effect...B|

:)

I still have a soft spot for the Travelling movies made by Patrick Passe during the nineties. That's partly because they were released early in my skydiving career - I still remember how exciting and inspiring it was as a newbie to see what was possible at the (then) cutting edge of the sport.

Watching them now, it's striking how many of the people featured are no longer with us!

I still have a soft spot for the Travelling movies made by Patrick Passe during the nineties. That's partly because they were released early in my skydiving career - I still remember how exciting and inspiring it was as a newbie to see what was possible at the (then) cutting edge of the sport.

Watching them now, it's striking how many of the people featured are no longer with us!

I think it was Travelling 2 that had the comp between the french and US, and Rickster swooping, and Marco Mana doing freestyle with a Porter... We played that thing on so many weather holds.... Knew it by heart! :)
Remster

I guess if I had to pick, it would be the first state record that I was on that was successful - the Georgia state record 64 way. The video had all the record attempts and the actual record all with Joe Satriani's music as the sound track.

The gap between the last jump to the in-plane shot where it quiets down then the song Ice 9 starts as jumpers exit still sends shivers up my spine. Damn, I need to get that stupid VHS tape converted to DVD.

It also had a bonus shot of Beezy Shaw's malfunction with a low low cutaway at the end. :ph34r:

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"Why We Jump"

Go check it out:)
Great video that captures the essence of why we participate in this sport. No better way to explain it aside from trying it out yourself!

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

It's the name of a video made in either the late 70's or the early 80's, that inspired the skydiving scene in the movie Fandango. Here is an old thread about it.

Yeah, I'm old -- I remember it as a first-run video :D

Wendy P.

I don't think "Proof" was as good as the "Fandango" scene, but here it is. The "college students" in "Proof" come across more as hicks, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlqDzkIDPU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQjb7BwlwDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlqDzkIDPU
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Maybe it was better because beer and friends were involved :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I think it was Travelling 2 that had the comp between the french and US, and Rickster swooping, and Marco Mana doing freestyle with a Porter... We played that thing on so many weather holds.... Knew it by heart! :)

It was Antigravity... I loved that tape... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sacDvkXOOdQ
Remster

Annette's skydive in the movie, Beach Blanket Bingo makes me giggle.

It's supposed to be her first skydive.
She decides rather than being a dope on a rope or doing a clear and pull, she's going to do a free fall.
She then proceeds to perform what look today like assclownishly bad front loops and barrel rolls, but were in fact at the time pretty close to National competition quality (think about THAT for a minute).
This, of course, also makes her nauseated and makes the lighting director turn on a green light during her chromakey shots.
Then . . . she takes it into the basement and does a water landing.

Pretty funny stuff really.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver