Nataly

Favourite meal to make for guests?

I make a pretty damned good curry, so when I'm out of ideas or time, I make that for guests... It's easy to adapt the flavours and the hotness...

What is your favourite or default meal for guests?
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I make a pretty damned good curry, so when I'm out of ideas or time, I make that for guests... It's easy to adapt the flavours and the hotness...

We didn't get no curry.... [:/]:(
Remster

Anything out of the smoker. It takes most of a day, but a smoker is SO easy to work with and the results are mind blowing. I've never been a great cook, so it's a very new thing to have friends stand up in unison and HURRY to the table when the ribs and pulled pork hit the plate.

If you are reading this, and you don't yet own a smoker but have been considering one, please PM me. They're very easy to use and the results are well worth the effort.

Elvisio "Nitrates?" Rodriguez

I just stick to the old standards. You just can't miss with Wiennie Water Soup. PM me for the reciepe. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

If they're meat eaters, I've been known to marinate thick fat slabs of rib-eyes in Dale's overnight, and throw them on the grill. Mouth watering bites of soft tasty cow. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Ewww Billy.

Why in the world would you take something as perfect as a good ribeye, and soak it in marinade over night?!!

Salt pepper, hot ass chunk charcoal. Sear and done!

;)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I need more facts. Do you or do you not want them to come back in the future?

lawyers ... complicate the hell out of everything;)

I like to do Lasagna & garlic bread. Feeds a lot of people.. and who doesn't like lasagna?? for overnight guests I like to make a big ass batch of breakfast tacos in the morning

Depends on the company, but we love pulling stuff out of our garden to help with dinner. Lots of peppers, herbs, and leafy greens.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Any of the following depending on how complex I feel like going:

Pizza (from scratch, other than killing the animals for meat myself). Style varies by mood, sometimes thin crust, sometimes chicago style, etc.

Pan-seared teriyaki salmon, with wasabi oven glaze, served with coconut rice.

Beef tenderloin with bleu cheese sauce and garlic mashed potatoes

Three-cheese toasted ravioli in rose sauce, with grilled chorizo & prawns (this one takes all frickin' day and I have to REALLY like the people to go through the effort)

and about 87 diff mexican dishes

:)
cavete terrae.

Any of the following depending on how complex I feel like going:

Pizza (from scratch, other than killing the animals for meat myself). Style varies by mood, sometimes thin crust, sometimes chicago style, etc.

Pan-seared teriyaki salmon, with wasabi oven glaze, served with coconut rice.

Beef tenderloin with bleu cheese sauce and garlic mashed potatoes

Three-cheese toasted ravioli in rose sauce, with grilled chorizo & prawns (this one takes all frickin' day and I have to REALLY like the people to go through the effort)

and about 87 diff mexican dishes

:)

Aaaaaaand now I'm hungry. Don't happen to live in Brisbane by chance, do you? ;)
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Fondue.

I don't know about France, currently, but in the States, it's rare. What percent of the population even has the equipment?

Everybody loves it. Easy-peasy-cheesy! :)).

The limit is 6, unless you have enough equipment to do more than one table.

It's my Christmas Dinner, has been for the last 30 years. I'd probably have a mutiny on my hands if I tried to do something "traditional." :D

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Depends on the "level" of guest.

Generally, If its a date I go through more tedious prep.
If its a bunch of friends coming over for a bbq etc. I go for quantity.

Menu changes with the date. Watch she may like doesn't mean every date will like that.

so, I generally have a good idea and try to make so damn good food for each occasion.;)
My photos

My Videos

I'm a meat-n-potatoes guy so I'll do anything from slow smoked ribs to steaks to prime rib.

Vskydiver makes great pizzas from scratch but is better known for her great pies. This Thursday we have jumpers over and it's gonna be strawberry-rhubarb, with fresh rhubarb from our garden.

We didn't get no curry.... [:/]:(

I didn't have anything in my fridge - besides, I wanted to take you to the best restaurant in the south of France but it was closed... I was so sorry to have made you come all this way just for a beer :(:(
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Chicken my way, Some times I add a pinch of fresh grated ginger, an serve it on a bed of Basmati or Spaghetti.
All depends how I feel at the time.

Chicken Cal Bosch Recipe

Ingredients:
2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, butterfly cut in half
1/2 cup olive oil (virgin)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch of salt
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
3 plump garlic cloves, thinnest slices, cut lengthwise
1/2 cup dry white wine (not plonk)
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 whole lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions:

Place chicken breasts that have been butterflied between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound chicken with flat side of a meat pounder or with a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Add 2 tablespoons butter and cook until butter is melted and has stopped bubbling
While oil and butter are heating, stir together flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow bowl.
Dredge pieces of chicken, 1 piece at a time, in flour mixture, shaking off excess, then dip floured chicken into beaten eggs to coat, letting excess drip off.
Pan fry in skillet, turning over once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 4-6 minutes total.
Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and keep warm, loosely covered with foil. Pan fry remaining chicken in same manner, transfer to plate and keep warm.
To the chicken skillet, add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and beginning to color. Add wine, broth, and lemon slices, parsley and 5 tablespoons of butter. Simmer uncovered while stirring occasionally for about 3 to 4 minutes. Return chicken to pan and continue to simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
To serve, transfer chicken to serving platter, spoon sauce over chicken and top with lemon slices.

Gone fishing

Fondue.

I don't know about France, currently, but in the States, it's rare. What percent of the population even has the equipment?

Everybody loves it. Easy-peasy-cheesy! :)).

The limit is 6, unless you have enough equipment to do more than one table.

It's my Christmas Dinner, has been for the last 30 years. I'd probably have a mutiny on my hands if I tried to do something "traditional." :D

Hee he, Fondue. Stilton for the women Cabrales for the men

Cabrales http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabrales_cheese bloody hell it's good

Gone fishing