nigel99

hard deck reached, time to chop.

Well after spending most of my adult life with the same person, we've agreed that it is time to part ways.

It's amicable and we aren't in a rush, and ironically the atmosphere at home has lifted considerably since we came to an agreement. She's grown more religious over the years, I've turned into a beer drinking, skydiving heathen. I'm sure there will be tough times ahead, but for now we are both pretty relieved.

So another one bites the dust, due in part to skydiving.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

She's grown more religious over the years,

Is this a "Deal Breaker?"

I've turned into a beer drinking, skydiving heathen.

I'm not quite sure why you associate SkyDiving with "Beer drinking heathen" When the 2 don't have to go together.

I'm sure there will be tough times ahead, but for now we are both pretty relieved.

There doesn't have to be any tough times ahead. It's never too late to seek help from a higher entity. It's free, doesn't costs anything but a little of your time. All you have to do is ask. Best-
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

She's grown more religious over the years,

Is this a "Deal Breaker?"

I've turned into a beer drinking, skydiving heathen.

I'm not quite sure why you associate SkyDiving with "Beer drinking heathen" When the 2 don't have to go together.

I'm sure there will be tough times ahead, but for now we are both pretty relieved.

There doesn't have to be any tough times ahead. It's never too late to seek help from a higher entity. It's free, doesn't costs anything but a little of your time. All you have to do is ask. Best-

The religion isn't a problem for me as such, but it makes it very difficult for her to reconcile our world views.

The beer drinking heathen comment was largely in jest. But realistically I enjoy the dz atmosphere and she hates it.

We've discussed counselling and to be frank, neither of us really want to put in the work that it would involve at this point. It's not an easy decision, we've been together 18 years. We've stuck together through some pretty tough times.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I'm certainly not the one who knows what's going on in your life, but 18 years! WOW!! That's great!! Most couples don't make it 18 months. So 18 years, you guys have a lot of life, love, laughter, tears & memories that will remain just that if you both decide to jet 18 years. That's a long, long time. It's most impressive. Just a thought, would you be able to make any concessions to save your wonderful relationship with your SO? I just have a feeling in my heart you still love this woman, try something. God bless both of you. Best-
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I'm certainly not the one who knows what's going on in your life, but 18 years! WOW!! That's great!! Most couples don't make it 18 months. So 18 years, you guys have a lot of life, love, laughter, tears & memories that will remain just that if you both decide to jet 18 years. That's a long, long time. It's most impressive. Just a thought, would you be able to make any concessions to save your wonderful relationship with your SO? I just have a feeling in my heart you still love this woman, try something. God bless both of you. Best-

Sure it's a long time, in Europe I would have been out 8 years ago with good behaviour:P:):D

18 years. That's a big investment.

I know you haven't given us a lot of details (the thread is young), but from what you have said, so far, you want skydiving more than her, and she wants you to not skydive (and my assumption, here: leave her and the kids alone all weekend) more than she wants the marriage.

Did I get that right?

I hope you can work it out. That's a lot to throw away. [:/]

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

18 years. That's a big investment.

I know you haven't given us a lot of details (the thread is young), but from what you have said, so far, you want skydiving more than her, and she wants you to not skydive (and my assumption, here: leave her and the kids alone all weekend) more than she wants the marriage.

Did I get that right?

I hope you can work it out. That's a lot to throw away. [:/]

No the skydiving is just the symptom not the cause. Things aren't straight forward, and I'm not going to bore everyone with my dirty laundry[:/]

I'm not looking for advice in this thread (if I wanted it, I would have posted in the womens forum).

I've offered counselling and had that option turned down. We're both tired of the work that the relationship needs.

This thread was my way of blowing off steam and getting some good old humour into my life, as right now I need it:(

Was that you first 18 year relationship?

[Beer] I know already planning on putting a carton on:$

Yay a new drinking buddy! B|:P

So you going to be at the DZ this weekend ;)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

WTF dude:o Sorry to hear that mate.

On a lighter note, D is hot can I have a crack at her:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: J/K mate.

How are the boys?

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

WTF dude:o Sorry to hear that mate.

On a lighter note, D is hot can I have a crack at her:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: J/K mate.

How are the boys?

Boys don't know yet, only daughter does.

If I'm too much of a heathen for her, I don't know where you would score on the scale:D

I'm not at the dz this weekend, but I'm guessing your not either. I'll be on Michaels canopy course, and then Jurien boogie (packing not jumping).

Back off, Squeak...I've already staked my claim a couple of years ago. Put a couple of big wet ones on her and I have photo evidence to seal my claim. You can have Nigel.
:D:D:P

But then...proximity does have its virtues.
[:/]

Sounds like, "he who gets to the crater first gets the best gear".
:o:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239