BillyVance

Travis Pastrana wins Nationwide Nascar series pole position

At Talladega Superspeedway. I knew he had been doing road racing for years in an entirely different class and type of car but this is the first I've heard of him running with the moonshiners... :D

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/Pastrana-captures-first-career-Nationwide-pole-67587391#!d7fdi

Anybody can win a pole with a good car and handling, running for 200 laps is an entirely different thing. I predict he wrecks first. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn, I'd love to do that. B|B|

Actually, there are driving experiences where you can pay to drive a stock car around the track for a few laps at Talladega or any other big track up to 175mph.

It's on my bucket list.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Actually, there are driving experiences where you can pay to drive a stock car around the track for a few laps at Talladega or any other big track up to 175mph.

It's on my bucket list.

Wait a minute...isn't this the same BillyVance who had a mishap with a rented mini Front-End Loader?:o:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It's on my bucket list.

Wait a minute...isn't this the same BillyVance who had a mishap with a rented mini Front-End Loader?:o:D

Yep. Wasn't paying attention when I had the bucket up high right next to the house. Next thing I knew, pieces of siding and roof eaves were raining down. [:/]

I would LOVE to "take a car out" like the police do and some nascar drivers do to nudge a car out of the way. B|

Why would you want that many cars still running.two is enough.

Thats not how drafting works. If it were just two cars that would be one boring ass finish.

Unless they got side-by-side with it being too close to call. One of the more amazing finishes I've ever seen at Talladega was the quad-by-side finish of four 2-car tandems 2 years ago, where the winner won by 2/1000th of a second and the 8th place car was just a tenth of a second behind. I thought for sure they were all going to wreck coming across the finish line but they didn't.

It's on my bucket list.

Hey Billy, Chris and I have driven several times with the Dale Jarrett Racing Experience and they are the best. I've done a few other schools and one was just down right scarey. My top speed so far at Talladega was 183. Driving again on the 19th.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Can anyone actually say they give a flying bag of shit about this?:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I do. I like NASCAR and I like Travis Pastrana - he makes me laugh.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I do. I like NASCAR and I like Travis Pastrana - he makes me laugh.

Judy

I'm not crazy about his skydiving antics but he does have some driving skill.

I would LOVE to "take a car out" like the police do and some nascar drivers do to nudge a car out of the way. B|

Oh yeah, it's called the "Pit" maneuver (or Pitt, dunno). B|

Police call it the PIT maneuver, but where I learned it, it was called the TVI (tactical vehicle interdiction) I guess it's just easier to say "PIT".

Either way, it's VERY easy to do... almost TOO easy. :) If done properly (IE not the way most cops use it) you don't even scratch the paint on either vehicle.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Oh yeah, it's called the "Pit" maneuver (or Pitt, dunno). B|

Police call it the PIT maneuver, but where I learned it, it was called the TVI (tactical vehicle interdiction) I guess it's just easier to say "PIT".

Either way, it's VERY easy to do... almost TOO easy. :) If done properly (IE not the way most cops use it) you don't even scratch the paint on either vehicle.

Yeah those Nascar drivers make it look so effortless. Then again, they usually are going as fast as they can on whatever track it is, even Bristol. So a slight nudge and their tires lose traction

I'd bet if you ever were in a race car and felt the adrenaline, youd watch a few races.

I can definitely say I've gone about as fast head-down as those Indy 500 cars go on the track, in qualifying. :D

IIRC the borrowed pro-track told me I hit a top speed of 224mph. Head down competitors are going over 300mph. :o

The idiotacol Pastrana (Whom needs to return to "Open Wheel") wrecked himself eventually and took his own (Rousch-Fenway) car # 60 out in the Nationwide series. Travis hit the safer barrier, lucky for him, them concrete walls are hard as, well you know what. "DanRicky," got wrecked in the No. 34 (Turner-Scott Motor Sports) Nationwide car and wrecked her own (Stewart-Haas) No. 10 car in the last lap of the Talladega 500 in the Sprint Cup level, who by the way won the Daytona 500 pole.....Funny, I didn't see that post anywhere in here. Ladies, take notice! ;)

-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"