mjosparky

Remember when

I remember when $10 ounces were called lids...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

airtwardo

Soda bottle caps with cool things on the underside...B|

Royal Crown had redeem for a dime now & then...the keeper was a quarter!

Coke had baseball player pics that you glued onto a sheet matching the player...you could redeem the complete page for baseball related prizes.

Coke had this contest where you had to collect a cap with every state, or something like that and the neighbor girl, being almost grown up at 12 was trying for it. Back then pop machines had an opener on them which also neatly caught the cap. She had me and my other first grade friends going along Camden Avenue to the darkest sleaziest pool halls and bars in Parkersburg Wv. We'd ask the guy if we could go through the caps, they'd alway grunt yes, and finally got every state for her.
Now they'd remove you from the home and charge your parents with a second degree felony for just walking past the place at noon.

Bob_Church

***Remember when it was called Jr. High not middle school?

:ph34r:

r

I didn't even know they changed it.

I always thought it was a geographical difference, between when I (OC, CA) went to Jr. High, and when my kids went to middle school (So. MD), but NO. My Jr. High in O.C. is now a middle school.

Maybe Jr. is derogatory / diminutive, and we can't have that. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

gowlerk

***I remember when $10 ounces were called lids...

Wendy P.

Blonde Lebanese hash $5/ gram. The red was better, but cost $8

It's more than that now at the dispensary!
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

oldwomanc6

Maybe Jr. is derogatory / diminutive, and we can't have that. :S

My suspicion is that middle school is one less syllable than junior high school, and more descriptive. :)
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

At least where I was, jr high was 7-8-9, and middle school was 6-7-8. Since different years, different name.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bob_Church

***Soda bottle caps with cool things on the underside...B|

Royal Crown had redeem for a dime now & then...the keeper was a quarter!

Coke had baseball player pics that you glued onto a sheet matching the player...you could redeem the complete page for baseball related prizes.

Coke had this contest where you had to collect a cap with every state, or something like that and the neighbor girl, being almost grown up at 12 was trying for it. Back then pop machines had an opener on them which also neatly caught the cap. She had me and my other first grade friends going along Camden Avenue to the darkest sleaziest pool halls and bars in Parkersburg Wv. We'd ask the guy if we could go through the caps, they'd alway grunt yes, and finally got every state for her.
Now they'd remove you from the home and charge your parents with a second degree felony for just walking past the place at noon.

Remember when Coca Cola actually had cocaine in it? Me either. Way before our time. :D

I remember going out at like 1 am and riding my bike all over Huntsville, AL, I mean literally from the house at the foot of Monte Sano Mtn all the way to Patton Road near the botanical gardens in a long looping route, that was probably 20-25 miles. It was nice having the roads mostly to myself. Only when I was about a mile from home did a police car pull up next to me and I get questioned by the two cops in it. I explained the reason, and they let me go.

Why?

I didn't want to go to sleep and miss the maiden launch of STS-1, Space Shuttle Columbia. It was April 12, 1981. I was 13 years old. I think that fucker launched at like 5:30am or so. It was a big deal for our city.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban