mjosparky

Remember when

Hi Billy,

My dad is an engineer, he knows how things work.

We ( us engineers ) all do. :P

Hi jumpsalot-2,

Remember when all we had were Rotary Telephones and Analog Clocks.

Last year my brother & I were making my mother's house more 'elderly friendly' & I finally tossed her black rotary phone that she had in the same spot since 1959.

Hi david 3,

I remember being able to walk out the door of the house I grew up in with a shotgun and go hunting for rabbit and pheasant.

That same summer of '54, when I had the paper route, I saved up some money & went up the street to a local store and bought a used Remington single-shot 22 cal rifle; just hand over the money & take it home. The rifle cost me $5 and the cleaning kit for it cost me $7.50. My folks, who both grew up on farms in North Dakota, never said a word when I brought it home.

JerryBaumchen

Blast handles were 'in'.

And lead ripcord stops.
And Pioneer Triconicals.

Yeah lead stops were crazy...I used rubber-bands! ;)

And nuthin wrong with a Tri-Con...as long as it had bands, I saw the underside of mine 3 or 4 times!! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

And nuthin wrong with a Tri-Con...as long as it had bands, I saw the underside of mine 3 or 4 times!! B|

The guy I knew who "landed" under a partially inverted one, was not impressed.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The guy I knew who "landed" under a partially inverted one, was not impressed.:S

Prolly those damn ripcord stops did it to him! :S:ph34r:

Prolly those damn ripcord stops did it to him! :S:ph34r:

Last time I saw anyone jumping a TriCon, it was Dennis Johnson in Southern MI. He had built a special back *main* container for it, 2" thick and covered his back. A front-mount pop-top was his reserve.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi david 3,

I remember being able to walk out the door of the house I grew up in with a shotgun and go hunting for rabbit and pheasant.

That same summer of '54, when I had the paper route, I saved up some money & went up the street to a local store and bought a used Remington single-shot 22 cal rifle; just hand over the money & take it home. The rifle cost me $5 and the cleaning kit for it cost me $7.50. My folks, who both grew up on farms in North Dakota, never said a word when I brought it home.

JerryBaumchen

Bought my first shotgun at the local Woolco. paid more than $5 though.

Soda bottle caps with cool things on the underside...B|

Pull tabs on cans. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I use to have a can that had the pull tab on top & the new stay on tab on the bottom, it was right when they were making the switch.

Wish I still had it. might be worth a couple bucks...

Especially if it was a can of New Coke.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Soda bottle caps with cool things on the underside...B|

Pull tabs on cans. B|

NO pull tabs on cans...needing a church key to get at the Green River soda! B|B|

We were cross country camping on vacation once, I lost the church key and dad had to use a screwdriver to get into the Old Style ~ not a 'happy time'...B|

My dad gave me my first shotgun on my 13th. birthday... an Eastern Arms 410-gauge. The same shotgun his dad gave him on his 13th. birthday. I still have it.

Chuck

My dad gave me a .22 when I was 12...Winchester model 52.

It weighed about 20 pounds, still have it! :ph34r:

Hi Jerry~

remember getting a free towel inside of the laundry soap box, or a dinner plate with a fill up at the local Texaco?

You could trust your car to he man who wears the the Star, he would fill 'er up, do the glass, check the oil & tires...without asking?! B|

My dad gave me my first shotgun on my 13th. birthday... an Eastern Arms 410-gauge.

:)
Nice!

That was the same gauge that popped my cherry at 11 years old...

But my little cousin was the man...His first shot was with a Black Night 50 cal muzzleloader at 11 and got scope eye!:D He was all bleedin' n shit pretty bad. His dad wanted to take him to the hospital, but my lil' cuz was like "hell no, this is good experience...";)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

NO pull tabs on cans...needing a church key to get at the Green River soda! B|B|

Collecting glass soda bottles from the side of the road to turn in for a nickle each.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.