mjosparky

Remember when

You know what? That same TRS-80 computer is still in the original packaging in my folks' basement! :o

I still have the transitor radio I built from scratch at 7 from parts at Radio Shack...Good luck with that now. It sure would be nice for me and my kid to build our own I-pod.

When I was in the 5th grade, my dad and I built a transistor radio out of a toilet paper cardboard roll and some wire for my science project. Imagine that, a fucking deaf kid showing a radio at a science fair! :D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi Mike,
"Remember all that....and more!! Saw my firsr real "live" Parachute Jump!..1951(I was almost 6 years old) at the Air Show at Hammond, La. Airport "Cole Bros. Air Show!!" Several jumps that day! Round chutes, O&W "Candy Stripers" One guy had a Mal!! I remember the "OOOHHHHH!!" from the crowd and he tossed out his belly wart reserve!! He landed behind us past the old fuel pit with the two chutes out!! At the time I didn't know then that I'd be making "My!" first jump there in 1964!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

You know what? That same TRS-80 computer is still in the original packaging in my folks' basement! :o

I still have the transistor radio I built from scratch at 7 from parts at Radio Shack...Good luck with that now. It sure would be nice for me and my kid to build our own I-pod.

When I was in the 5th grade, my dad and I built a transistor radio out of a toilet paper cardboard roll and some wire for my science project. Imagine that, a fucking deaf kid showing a radio at a science fair! :D:D:D:D

~prolly didn't work, nobody had the heart to tell ya! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I still have the transistor radio I built from scratch at 7 from parts at Radio Shack...Good luck with that now. It sure would be nice for me and my kid to build our own I-pod.

I bet he got first place!:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I bet he got first place!:D

Yeah...and the prize was an 8 track player! :ph34r:

Believe it or not. The radio actually worked! You could only hear the AM stations though. My dad is an engineer, he knows how things work.

I got honorable mention. Not bad considering. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Soda bottle caps with cool things on the underside...B|

Royal Crown had redeem for a dime now & then...the keeper was a quarter!

Coke had baseball player pics that you glued onto a sheet matching the player...you could redeem the complete page for baseball related prizes.

Anybody out there make any walking-around money by selling Cloverine?

Also, nothing in the world smells like 6-12 insect repellent. A couple of years ago I opened an old tackle box and found a little bottle of the stuff. As soon as I opened it was like I was sent back in time. IIRC it also came in a little metal "push-up" tube as a solid.

Other stuff - any cut got either mercurochrome or merthiolate. One of them stung and the other didn't ...can't remember which was which.

and CHERRY BOMBS ! man I miss cherry bombs...

I used to make my own bombs by pilfering gunpowder from the old mans reloading kit, then packing it into spent model rocket motors, then sealing the ends with wooden plugs.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I remember when the house I grew-up in was surrounded by fields and pastures and neighbors were far and few between. Now, it's wall to wall houses. Our house, my dad built, is still there.

Chuck

I remember being able to walk out the door of the house I grew up in with a shotgun and go hunting for rabbit and pheasant. I trapped for muskrat and raccoon. We were surrounded by fields and woods. If I tried that now the police would be there in no time. It is all housing developments. That and the fact that my parents don't live there anymore would make some people a little anxious. :P