lippy

You know you're a skydiver when.....

When you have sex you dirt dive it before hand, and debrief afterwords:P

.....then log it. :|

Something you wanna tell us? :ph34r:
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

You reach for your wallet in your back pocket, and bring your left hand over your head to maintain symetry:)Who's got some more?

You break a femur and ask the parameds if you can jump out the chopper on the way to the hospital. 8k for that ride.[:/]
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You reach for your wallet in your back pocket, and bring your left hand over your head to maintain symetry:)Who's got some more?

You break a femur and ask the parameds if you can jump out the chopper on the way to the hospital. 8k for that ride.[:/]

Beats walking! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

..you made a jump on december 30, but on January 5 the thought that you haven't made a single jump that year is killing you.

(it's January 18, imagine how I'm feeling now! :D Dutch weather - gotta love it.)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

I hate you...

EHAM 211225Z 24030G41KT 9999 FEW011 SCT015 BKN042 11/07 Q1010 NOSIG

EHAM 211211Z 211322 23028G40KT 9999 SCT015 BKN045
BECMG 1618 7000 -RA SCT008 BKN012
TEMPO 1720 4000 RADZ BKN008
BECMG 1921 24021G32KT 9999 NSW SCT018 BKN040
PROB40
TEMPO 2022 27027G40KT 6000 SHRA SCT015CB BKN018
~mom

When think prices are in terms of how many jumps it's going to cost you. You go to buy something and you think, "I can't get that. It's like 3 jumps!"

When you have no idea what to do when it rains on the weekend.

When you just don't care what whuffos think anymore.

When you think it's crazy NOT to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
http://3ringnecklace.com/

A fat guy with a camera at the DZ comes up to you to explain that the slider is called the 'flare' and the skydivers pull down the handles to tip it up and push extra air into the parachute which makes it land softer.

...and ya answer~ "Interesting, I did not know that" :):$:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I hate you...

EHAM 211225Z 24030G41KT 9999 FEW011 SCT015 BKN042 11/07 Q1010 NOSIG

EHAM 211211Z 211322 23028G40KT 9999 SCT015 BKN045
BECMG 1618 7000 -RA SCT008 BKN012
TEMPO 1720 4000 RADZ BKN008
BECMG 1921 24021G32KT 9999 NSW SCT018 BKN040
PROB40
TEMPO 2022 27027G40KT 6000 SHRA SCT015CB BKN018

and all i'm doing is try to spread the love!! :)

hey, dutchland is only a ten hour drive from here! :P

whats those hieroglyphes there?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

A guy gotta work :(

Those hieroglyphs are a METAR and TAF code, respectively. :)Learning how to read them is a good skill if you have to leave home at seven to egt to your DZ in any kind of decent time, but it's also a requirement for the Dutch B-licence.

The first is the actual weather at Amsterdam Airport the time the METAR is generated (jan 21, 12:25 Zulu time), the second is a forecast.

I'd especially call your attention to 24030g41kt meaning southwestern winds of thirty knots, gusting to 41. At ground level.

Cross country, anyone? B|

~mom

You know someone hasn't been getting any for months, so when you see them with a girl you ask them how their recurrency hump went.
~mom

After the day I had, I had to post on this one. You know you're a skydiver when you drive 1000 miles (350 of them in an f**king snowstorm) rather than fly so you can use the difference between the mileage reimbursement and the actual gas costs. It make me $350 to put in my skydiving savings account, but with the crappy weather, I kept having to remind myself why I chose to drive that far.[:/]

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490