ntrprnr

You know who need to shut the fuck up?

People who tell me "Oh, so now that your daughter is born, you're obviously going to quit skydiving, right?"

You should SEE some of the Facebook wars I'm having. Of course, I'm mostly having them because I'm terrible at ignoring people online, but still...

Sorry. Had to vent. I'll go back now to rarely posting, but reading everything. :)

-Peter

PS: And hi.

Love that pic, Peter!

As for that comment, typical whuffo shit. I got it too when my girls were born. All I've done was cut out the complicated skydives and swoops. Just KISS (keep it simple stupid). I think it's a prudent way to keep skydiving, especially when you only make maybe 20 jumps a year average.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Since ours was born I have made it to the DZ a lot less than before. I am looking at going from ~200 jumps a year to doing only about 100 this year at this pace so I have cut some things out like jumping camera, wingsuits and swooping. In a few years when I can actually stay really current I'll do those things again if I want to.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

ntrprnr

People who tell me "Oh, so now that your daughter is born, you're obviously going to quit skydiving, right?"

You should SEE some of the Facebook wars I'm having. Of course, I'm mostly having them because I'm terrible at ignoring people online, but still...

Sorry. Had to vent. I'll go back now to rarely posting, but reading everything. :)

-Peter

And the cat. You should get rid of Nasa too.

Sheesh! People are silly, aren't they!

And your little Jessa is a DOLL!!
'Shell

Shell666

***People who tell me "Oh, so now that your daughter is born, you're obviously going to quit skydiving, right?"

-Peter

And the cat. You should get rid of Nasa too.

Sheesh! People are silly, aren't they!

And your little Jessa is a DOLL!!

Well YEAH!! They'll steal the baby's breath!>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Peter:

You never know. You don't. Some people (like me) put a stop to it while the kids are young. Others manage to fit it into their lives just fine. It's your choice and nobody's business - except yours (and your wife's).

Whichever it is, post pictures! :)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Awesome pic Peter!!!

PIC1 - Is what slowed me down. :)
PIC2 -Is what I'm trying to keep up with (she's ~30 ft in the air). :o

PIC3 - basejumper in training... If it's a rock. she's going up it. Daddy going :S

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Your life will be MUCH easier if you establish a really short list of people who opinions actually matter to you, and ignore the rest of the human race.

As others have written, it is up to you, with careful consideration of the opinion of the mother of your child, to make your own decision as to how to conduct your life.

GREAT picture. Congratulations.

PhreeZone

Since ours was born I have made it to the DZ a lot less than before. I am looking at going from ~200 jumps a year to doing only about 100 this year at this pace so I have cut some things out like jumping camera, wingsuits and swooping. In a few years when I can actually stay really current I'll do those things again if I want to.

I ended up having to take a break from the sport due to time and family duties, but I have two kids now, not just one. With one I still kept current and competed.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

to each their own. I made about three jumps after my wife became with child. I couldn't justify the time away from family, the cost, as well as the risk. On those three jumps, I had my family running through my head (even when it was just an ultrasound picture) and not the jump. I decided that this was too dangerous, and hung up my rig. If I am thinking about my family during a jump, and during a malfunction, then my mind would be clouded, and not clear enough to deal with a sticky situation.

priorities change, and the sky will still be there when my kids are grown. Why would I want to leave my beautiful wife, sweet daughter, and handsome young man without a husband/daddy, whether it be by death or paralysis.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I put my skydiving on hold when my oldest was born. Now I am back in the sport and when my daughter questioned me about it , my reply was "all three of you are adults and doing well on your own, and I am at the age where if I were an Eskimo you would be putting me out on my own ice floe"
There are times and seasons for everything and we all need to decide what is right for us.

Beautiful little girl, Peter. Congratulations. B|B|

Vskydiver and I kept on jumping right thru parenthood. It seemed as natural as breathing to us. But neither of us are extreme jumpers, pretty middle of the road people. Still, I made sure my life insurance would pay off if I got killed jumping. Just saying . . :)

JohnMitchell

Vskydiver and I kept on jumping right thru parenthood. It seemed as natural as breathing to us. But neither of us are extreme jumpers, pretty middle of the road people. Still, I made sure my life insurance would pay off if I got killed jumping. Just saying . . :)

My wife and I both stopped jumping. It wasn't for some sort of noble risk aversion, my daily professional life is too dangerous to believe that, it was completely due to time and money. Spending over $1300 a month in daycare alone really shuts down a lot of things.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

ntrprnr

-Peter

Seems to me like you'd be safer jumping. She looks like a cannibal to me. Run for your...nose!!

(adorable picture though.)
My photos

My Videos

Congrats buddy I think we're just a few days apart

Actually, your son and Peter's daughter were born on the same day. Sounds like a perfect set up for a future dz.com couple! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Congrats buddy I think we're just a few days apart

Actually, your son and Peter's daughter were born on the same day. Sounds like a perfect set up for a future dz.com couple! ;)

Skydiver version of arranged marriage dowry.....5 rigs, 5 mains, 5 reserves, and a season's worth of jump tickets....?
Performance Designs Factory Team

AggieDave

Spending over $1300 a month in daycare alone really shuts down a lot of things.

Holy hell! That much?!? :o We've used the first baptist church day care in the next town that has a reputation for being an outstanding day care, but our costs were nowhere near that much.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban