promise5

guys having kids?? lol

Yeah, most people forget how much they use their abdominal muscles for, well... everything, until they get them sliced through and have to wait for them to heal up... B|

You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

Hi mister,

and have to wait for them to heal up...

Back in the early 60's I was a young USAF GI working in a military hospital. Episiotomies were done very commonly in those days; can't say about today.

A doctor once told me that the human vagina will begin healing within 30 minutes of being cut/torn. He said that it was the fastest healing organ in the human body.

Somehow Mama Nature takes care of everything.

JerryBaumchen

I'm the biggest baby when it comes to pain, and I've seen one of my nephews born. Holy Crap!!! Having an 7lb. baby coming out of there?? I had a harder time watching him be born then my Sis. lol uuummm yeah I'm good not to go through that. Also, my mom went through a C-section twice and did great.
:P:P:P

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I know you've had kids , but I have to say holy stinkin crap watching that birth it just doesn't seem natural. I mean dang!!! Like dang!!!!my sis did great, had 3 home births but crap!!! It just doesn't seem possible! :o:o

Believe me I tried.

mistercwood

Yeah, most people forget how much they use their abdominal muscles for, well... everything, until they get them sliced through and have to wait for them to heal up... B|

My gosh i know exactly how that feels. I have had 5 surgeries for hernias and, my god, you have no clue how much you use your abdomen muscles until you've had them cut open. You use them for pretty much EVERY movement you make.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

oldwomanc6

better more attractive option to undergo major abdominal surgery than doin' what women have been doin' for thousands of years.> [:/]

Medically? I suppose I, as a non-doc, would guess it was possibly when the technique was refined to the point where more mom's & babies' lives were saved (and more babies were being born w/o brain damage) by doing it than not doing it. So far, so good - a lot of moms & babies have thus survived childbirth who would have been lost prior to the 20th Century.

Also, the US probably added to that when ob/gyns started doing it a whole lot more as a way of reducing potential med malpractice liability. To the extent the result has been unnecessary c-sections, that's unfortunate.

Even though a c-section probably saved not only my and my twins life and my moms, I'll admit that's not what I think of. My desicion comes from watching my older"sis" give birth and uuuumm dang I mean come on !! Dang !!! Giving birth is like super hero status in my book!! I know it sounds stupid but all I can think of is "did you just see that?, did you see where that came out? Holy shit! How is that possible?" I'm still in shock and its been a couple years. Also holy crap she did it a few more times!! Dang!!
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Even though a c-section probably saved not only my and my twins life and my moms, I'll admit that's not what I think of. My desicion comes from watching my older"sis" give birth and uuuumm dang I mean come on !! Dang !!! Giving birth is like super hero status in my book!! I know it sounds stupid but all I can think of is "did you just see that?, did you see where that came out? Holy shit! How is that possible?" I'm still in shock and its been a couple years. Also holy crap she did it a few more times!! Dang!!

The first is usually the hardest. The 2nd and 3rd and thereon gets easier. That's the norm. There are exceptions of course.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

promise5

Easier??? Holy crap!! There's still the dang and dang and I can't believe that!:P:P

Obviously, you need to marry a guy who "shoots blanks", then adopt your kids.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.