PlanetLander

Can't-stand-ya band(s)

NWFlyer

I have never, ever understood the Radiohead hype. I'm frankly surprised they didn't end up on this list: Rolling Stone Reader's Poll: Ten Worst Bands of the 90s. :D

HA! Nirvana #5. LOL, i am not alone. Seems there are a lot of closet Nirvana haters out there who may be afraid to come into the light because Nirvana is supposed to be this god among bands. :S

I guess i'm not big on any of the bands on that list, either.

Sorry Remi. No Rush for me.

And as for Hendrix, he sang with his guitar, imho.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I've never understood the general love for Metallica. They have one or two decent songs, but they are probably up there as one of the most over-rated bands in my opinion.

Nirvana I can appreciate, but also very over-rated in my opinion. And the typical fan base is generally pretentious enough to taint the band.

I also HATE Nirvana and Bruce Springsteen

Glad to see someone bring up Springsteen. Thing is, he had some great songs that were best done by others. I understand why he's called "The Boss" - because he's annoying and he better fucking pay me to be there.

Another one that I just find annoying is Pink Floyd. Okay, I know I know. You can make all these sound effects. I get it. I do kinda like music that gets to the point.

Genesis - a band so bad that Peter Gabriel quit it. Why I hate Genesis? See "Pink Floyd."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Meso

Nirvana I can appreciate, but also very over-rated in my opinion. And the typical fan base is generally pretentious enough to taint the band.

It took me a long time to really appreciate Nirvana. In the early 90s, when they were the biggest thing since sliced bread, I didn't get it. I thought they were just another band. I kept up with them mostly because I had a cool personal connection - Dave Grohl's mom was one of my favorite high school teachers (senior year English as well as sponsor for one of my clubs). She was always very supportive of his musical aspirations, so I thought it was great to see her son so successful.

I recall saying, the night Kurt Cobain died, "I'm not saying I'm happy he's dead, but I was never very comfortable with a clinically depressed herion addict being held up as the voice of my generation."

A few years later, though, I listened more and started to really appreciate the music. Maybe they're still overhyped, but I can appreciate what they brought back to music - a rawness that had been missing for quite a while.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

BigMikeH77

Mumford and Sons. I hate the whole neo-folk movement.

right there with ya. i cant STAND the way that guys whiny ass voice sounds, it pisses me off.

i cant stand bob dylans voice or music either (i know call me unamerican), its cause i dont appreciate good poetry, some people just dont.

i also HATE kings of leon, that dudes voice drives me up the wall.

and any POST danzig misfits line up sucks balls as well, with the exception of when michael graves sang
gravity brings me down.........

*** "NWFlyer"]

Meso

Maybe they're still overhyped, but I can appreciate what they brought back to music - a rawness that had been missing for quite a while.

So much of the Seattle scene was hype, but it was still a fertile breeding ground for a lot of good music. As a young kid in the 60's, I had to endure the de-evolution to arena rock of the 70's and the hair bands of the 80's. As a result, my musical tastes have always run on the fringes, seeking out what may have been less popular but I found more interesting. I know you know what I'm talkin' about, 'cause we've hit a few good shows together. :)

BillyVance

******>A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush.

Seems like a man/woman thing; most women seem to dislike them.

I like Rush. Quite a bit, actually. :)
Their drummer is really good, but as far as their music, I have no interest.
Seems like Bill is right it is a man/woman thing.

The Beatles.

This sing is the only exception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY7FDN4XWFE

That fucking mattress commercial with this song can make me a blubbering mess. That song kills me. [:/]

And I HATE Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

I do have one exception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3eu1gW-bQ8

Always be kinder than you feel.

ryoder

What???:o
I thought every NJ resident was required to be a Springsteen fan.:P

My first and ONLY Springsteen concert was in Philadelphia in 1985. I had no idea the concerts were 3 friggin' hours long. It was torture. I just can't stand his mumble-fuck voice singing. Yeah, I think I'm the only NJ person I know who honestly hates his music. :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

What???:o
I thought every NJ resident was required to be a Springsteen fan.:P

My first and ONLY Springsteen concert was in Philadelphia in 1985. I had no idea the concerts were 3 friggin' hours long. It was torture. I just can't stand his mumble-fuck voice singing. Yeah, I think I'm the only NJ person I know who honestly hates his music. :|

:D The only song I really liked was "Glory Days" only because it was the background music for the slideshow at my 10th high school reunion. Those were the good old days for sure. Caveat though, I like how music sounds better than what the lyrics are.

ETA: I will give you this though, every video I have ever seen of Bruce Springsteen on his guitar... he seemingly does the same damn thing no matter what song. No difference whatsoever. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

promise5

Taylor Swift
Oops she's not a band but still a can't stand ya

Bubble gum pop music? Fuck that shit. I'll give her props for being accommodating to her fans, to this point however.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban