PlanetLander

Can't-stand-ya band(s)

How about AC/DC with Bon Scott singing?B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o

We just don't have enough bag pipes in modern rock.[:/]

Yes, better with Bon, perhaps tolerable. But Brian ruined any chance of getting into their older stuff.

Love ACDC for their hard driving beat and guitar play. Bon Scott had a good high pitched voice that sounded smooth. Brian Johnson screeched. Well for the first 20 years or so. His voice got deeper as he got older and I admit I liked that better, like the concert they did at River Plate stadium in South America in 2009.

Unfortunately, he can't sing anymore due to throat cancer. [:/] Nobody can sing forever, but damn... 32 years is long enough for anybody, even Brian.

Now if there is a band that I fucking hated or couldn't stand, it was Culture Club. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Now if there is a band that I fucking hated or couldn't stand, it was Culture Club. B|

When that song came on the radio, a co-worker and myself got into an argument about the gender of the singer. One of us thought it was a dude, while the other thought it was a chick. Then one evening I saw them perform it on TV. So next morning I saw my co-worker and told him:

"OK, I saw them on TV last night...and I still don't know if the singer is male or female."

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

When that song came on the radio, a co-worker and myself got into an argument about the gender of the singer. One of us thought it was a dude, while the other thought it was a chick. Then one evening I saw them perform it on TV. So next morning I saw my co-worker and told him:

"OK, I saw them on TV last night...and I still don't know if the singer is male of female."

:D:D:D First time I saw that band, I thought the lead singer was a bad looking female. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"OK, I saw them on TV last night...and I still don't know if the singer is male of female."

I'm not sure what "male of female" is. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Good catch, I missed that. :D

There's another singer whose name I forget, similar to the Culture Club's frontman.... was a one hit wonder with a music video... Big long hair, make-up, catchy tune, the works. I couldn't stand him either. B|

There's another singer whose name I forget, similar to the Culture Club's frontman.... was a one hit wonder with a music video... Big long hair, make-up, catchy tune, the works. I couldn't stand him either. B|

Dead or Alive?

You Spin Me Round?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Dead or Alive?

You Spin Me Round?

Bingo! :D

JohnMitchell

A popular band that I hate? Guns and Roses. Just do. Can't stand Axl. I think he's a jerk.

Have you seen him recently?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush. I just really don't like them.

I also HATE Nirvana and Bruce Springsteen. Immediate channel switch if they come on the sirius xm...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

BikerBabe

A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush. I just really don't like them.

I also HATE Nirvana and Bruce Springsteen. Immediate channel switch if they come on the sirius xm...

Like 'em all, esp. since Nirvana was a local band. Dave Grohl still does a great job with the Foo Fighters. Chatted with Krist Noveselic the other day as he flew his Cessna thru my sector.

But to each their own. . . :)

JohnMitchell

***A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush. I just really don't like them.

Like 'em all, esp. since Nirvana was a local band. Dave Grohl still does a great job with the Foo Fighters. Chatted with Krist Noveselic the other day as he flew his Cessna thru my sector.

minus Nirvana, some of my favorites. I like Nirvana alright.

For popular bands I hate: Journey, the Chile Peppers, and the Beatles.

A lot of people I know love all three, but Journey seems pretty repetitive to me, and musically not very interesting. The other two idk, just something about their sound, particularly the singers that I don't like.

Again to each his own though :). Life's a lot better with music you like.
well...I was going skydiving anyway. let's go.
Earn your pancakes.

JohnMitchell

***A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush. I just really don't like them.

Eh, being a singer makes it difficult for me to enjoy people who can't sing. And by "can't sing" i mean "sound like cats being strangled to death". (Cobain and Springsteen, i'm looking at you. Dylan goes there too, though his poetry makes up for it somewhat)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

BikerBabe

Eh, being a singer makes it difficult for me to enjoy people who can't sing. And by "can't sing" i mean "sound like cats being strangled to death". (Cobain and Springsteen, i'm looking at you. Dylan goes there too, though his poetry makes up for it somewhat)

I heard that hearing Dylan's voice convinced Jimi Hendrix to strike out on his own, another guy that couldn't sing.:D

And don't be saying anything bad about Jimi. . .. >:(

:P

I have never, ever understood the Radiohead hype. I'm frankly surprised they didn't end up on this list: Rolling Stone Reader's Poll: Ten Worst Bands of the 90s. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

I have never, ever understood the Radiohead hype. I'm frankly surprised they didn't end up on this list: Rolling Stone Reader's Poll: Ten Worst Bands of the 90s. :D

The comments in that list are hilarious, e.g. "Dave Matthews Not That Into Himself Anymore" .:D

Oh, and I don't get Radiohead either.

oldwomanc6

***>A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush.

Seems like a man/woman thing; most women seem to dislike them.

I like Rush. Quite a bit, actually. :)
Their drummer is really good, but as far as their music, I have no interest.

BillyVance

******>A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

*********>A popular band that I generally can't stand is Rush.

Just gimme AC/DC or the old Van Halen, even The Clash, and I'm good. ;)