phoenixlpr

What has happened with A-MAX ???

What has happened with A-MAX ???

I can`t find it on Aerodyne Research website anymore.
Has it been pulled out?

Talked with Bushman about this this weekend.

He said that while it was a great flying wing he was not happy with the way it opened. He didn't want to release anything that was not in his eyes perfect and ready for the market.

I respect him for that choice. To many companies are in a hurry to get the latest and greatist thing to market that they release a product they are not 100% happy with, or that still have a few issues. Aerodyne is not doing that.

He told me that they have started over.

The reputation that Aerodyne has is impressing me so far. The products seem great, but it is this kind of leadership in not releasing a product before it is ready that I really respect.

In other news Bushman told me he has an A-Max that I can put some jumps on....I am really looking forward to that, and even though it will not be released, I will tell you all what I think about it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

In a case like this where the canopy is really nothing new or innovative (it's a 9 cell elliptical) a company had better make sure, before they release it, that it is going to be the BEST in every way in that already flooded niche, or it's destined to get lost amidst the Stilettos, Crossfires, Cobalts, Sams, Katanas, etc., etc., etc.

Canuck

In a case like this where the canopy is really nothing new or innovative (it's a 9 cell elliptical) a company had better make sure, before they release it, that it is going to be the BEST in every way in that already flooded niche, or it's destined to get lost amidst the Stilettos, Crossfires, Cobalts, Sams, Katanas, etc., etc., etc.

Even if it is cutting edge, I'd rather they not release it till its ready to be released.

To release something before it is ready just to be the first is in my opinion bad for the company overall.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I agree totaly. I was the first kid on my block to have a Crossfire, so I know all about the problems of releasing something before it's perfected. Still thought it was an awesome canopy though.

I just think people are more tolerant of a few anomolies in a canopy if it is cutting edge. For example, people that want the flight performance of braced canopies are willing to take the sometimes shitty openings, but nobody should have to deal with a 9 cell canopy that opens like crap with all the superb opening 9 cell canopies on the market.

If the A-max had blown all other 9 cells out of the water in terms of swoopability, I'm pretty sure Aerodyne would have released it even if the openings were a little rogue.

Canuck

If the A-max had blown all other 9 cells out of the water in terms of swoopability, I'm pretty sure Aerodyne would have released it even if the openings were a little rogue.

After my talk with Bushman....And since I have known him for about 6 years and trust him...I don't think they would have.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they would have.

Bushman and Jody are two people who I really personally trust.

The A-Max is just a Springo canopy
(parachute de France) copy. The difference is the agressive line set. I bought the first one and it's a good canopy. My conversations with AeroDyne revealed the pull from the market was just a marketing decision. They wanted something unique with superior performance. After 2 years+ R&D they are coming out with the Mamba. The new AeroDyne is going to give PD a run for the money. Their customer is the best I've seen.
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish