iluvtofly

Fundraiser for Andy Copland!

nigel99

Well it speaks volumes about swooping, when a bat shit crazy base jumper, gives up swooping cause it's too dangerous:ph34r::ph34r::o:P

Different horses different courses, BASE just came naturally to me and swooping was a little harder. I just get it more ya know? I left one outside shot of me swooping on that video and it was a decent little run, but with me being hurt i now have a fused ankle so wont physically be able to swoop. I love it but im scared of it too. :)
Edit to add: I have never busted myself up or hurt myself from a low turn, i was cracked by turbulence which is even scarier.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Andy_Copland

***Well it speaks volumes about swooping, when a bat shit crazy base jumper, gives up swooping cause it's too dangerous:ph34r::ph34r::o:P

Different horses different courses, BASE just came naturally to me and swooping was a little harder. I just get it more ya know? I left one outside shot of me swooping on that video and it was a decent little run, but with me being hurt i now have a fused ankle so wont physically be able to swoop. I love it but im scared of it too. :)
Edit to add: I have never busted myself up or hurt myself from a low turn, i was cracked by turbulence which is even scarier. yo got it on Video mate?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Some, with this damn injury i can't move well and spilled a fucking drink on my laptop. Its outside video from above and the hard drive has been salvaged, just gotta get it back

Shit just heard, speedy recovery Andy. I think a lot of Americans here don't get Andy's sense of humour and British banter, sure he loves to pull the piss but he always seems to me me to be a good bloke. Get well soon you daft bugger.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

i was cracked by turbulence which is even scarier.

I was landing a few weeks ago, center of the open LZ...winds were brisk but nothing to be afraid of.

I had just touched down and turned around to see if anyone was coming in hot behind me when...the jumper landing 30 feet to my right had a collapse about 25 feet up.

The thing just snapped then folded, it was nowhere near re-inflation when that guy hit the ground.

Knocked the wind out of him but nothing broken...I walked back in with him.

We could NOT figure out how it happened, no obstacles, no obvious thermals...I'd landed in essentially the same spot seconds before with no problem.

Chalked it up to a ghost in the windstream...but it sure gets one thinking. :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

FreeFallFiend

I wasn't any good anyway.

I do miss my life though, living by watching myself [:/]

https://vimeo.com/61023789

Nice vid. Those guys rock.

No love for one of your earlier jumpers you got into the sport? ;)

You would have made the credits if you had jumnped with me in Moab instead of doing your silly "lets try beat the weather" death jumps!

airtwardo

I was landing a few weeks ago, center of the open LZ...winds were brisk but nothing to be afraid of.

I had just touched down and turned around to see if anyone was coming in hot behind me when...the jumper landing 30 feet to my right had a collapse about 25 feet up.

The thing just snapped then folded, it was nowhere near re-inflation when that guy hit the ground.

We could NOT figure out how it happened, no obstacles, no obvious thermals...I'd landed in essentially the same spot seconds before with no problem.

Sounds like he got in your burble.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

WickedWingsuits

Sounds like he got in your burble.

No...the timing & position wouldn't lend itself to that possibility.

He was off to the side & a bit in front of me when it folded...as well as a good 6-8 seconds after I landed.

What it looked like was hitting that wall of turbulence you sometimes get near a building in stiff winds...except there wasn't a building around.

Winds were 10-12kts. steady, not gusting. Temp in the high 60's with no apparent thermals.

I've seen canopies do things like that but there was always an obvious cause, not so in this case.

He was slow getting up so I went over to him...we both asked that same thing at the same time~! What the hell happened?

Some kind of an anomaly in the windstream. I watched a couple more loads land before going up again to see if it repeated...I'm old & brittle, doubt I could have just 'walked away' like that guy did ! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Andy,

Glad to see you up and posting. See you at the Farm soon.
Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.